Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie with lots of plants....needs a little help!!

Posted by codered 7 TN (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 07 at 0:09

Hello, I'm new at gardening and I've learned alot this year but, I still have a lot to learn. I planted tons of plants this year and most are still doing well despite the drought. I plan on going to the fall swap in knoxville and I am not sure about what plants will survive the winter or will survive if brought in. Some I know and some I don't. I may be able to bring more than I think and save more for next year if someone had the time to look at my gardens and educate me a little better. I'll appreciate any help I can get. Thanks,
Christie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie with lots of plants....needs a little help!!

If you start by listing your plants, we'll be happy to run down the list with you. :-)

o

I'll try to get a list together, but I don't know all of the names. I know most of them. I have some that have more specifis names than I know. Like I have sedums, but I don't know what kind. Maybe I could post some pics.

o

We always love looking at pictures!

o

Most sedums are very hardy.

o

but many other sedums are not. Sedum survival can also be highly dependant on the soil. Many that would rot in soil that doesn't drain well will do just fine in well drained soil. If it were me, I'd leave it out and see. If one of my plants has to be babied, it better be darn special.

o

Christie you can come the next weekend, after you go to the ETPS, to the MTPS and get even more stuff!

o

Christie, bring your pictures with you to the swap. Most of us would be glad to look at what you have and help you to figure out what is hardy.

See ya then!

o

Thank you all for the help and suggestions. I'll bring pictures to the swap. As for going to the MTPS I would love to, but with gas prices as high as they are I can't see driving that far. I really wanted to go to the spring swap in MT, but I could'nt find anyone else to go. If anyone wants cutting of anything that I have at the swap I arrange to get them to you. Maybe I'll figure some of it out before the swap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here