Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazindirttn

sale at Santa Rosa Gardens

Amazindirt (7a TN)
15 years ago

Hey guys --

The online nursery Santa Rosa Gardens is having a sensational end-of-season sale right now. They have great deals on some interesting plants.

I have never ordered from them before, but they have a good report on Garden Watchdog.

http://www.santarosagardens.com

Always happy to enable plant purchases!

Comments (15)

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

Thank you for the heads up! :D

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

I checked this out earlier today and I think I'm going to order some things that I had on my list for the new garden and see how they are. :) Thanks again!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I'm glad you found something good!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    15 years ago

What other companies are there out there that I haven't heard of?

I enjoyed looking through the Santa Rosa Gardens online catalog. Their site is set up well and they have some neat plants.

Their Garden Watchdog rating is 100%. That's pretty unusual and means they must be awesome. It means alot when you make every customer happy.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I ordered several things. Got my fingers crossed!

• madmouser
    15 years ago

That's a dangerous site! I'm trying really hard not to order too many grasses but they have some really great ones.

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

madmouser, me too! I've been sitting here planning a grass garden for the past hour. hee hee! I have always wanted a grass garden, but I never had enough sun at our previous house. So that's a valid reason to buy these, right? Right?

(My husband is going to shoot me. LOL)

• b4betty
    15 years ago

Hello everyone...I'm new and just wanted to say hello and thanks for posting the link to Santa Rosa Gardens sale. I placed an order today. I want to incorporate lots of new grasses in my gardens next spring. I had purple fountain grass last year but it didn't come back. I bought it again this year too! Oh well, maybe I can save some of the seed. Or does it re-seed? Anyone know?

Looks alike a great place here!

~Betty

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Welcome, Betty! I'm glad you got some good out of the sale!

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

Hi Betty! I am new too :)

I think the purple fountain grass is an annual here. I love it too. Check out some of the other pennisetums on santarosa...Hameln and Moudry are so cool, and have that same kind of look.

• b4betty
    15 years ago

I think I ordered some of both of those. I am in process of re-doing my beds, Taking up old plants and planting new ones and I'm going to add some of the shorter growing grasses to the perennial beds. Thanks for info on purple fountain grass. I think you're right.

~Betty

• ladybug37091
    15 years ago

If there is anyone else yet to order there is a coupon code out there that will give you 10% off. I am not sure if it is ok for me to post so just look it up if you are interested. Rhonda

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

I wish I had known about the coupon code!

I ordered about 11 grasses. :) I will report back when they come in.

Did you guys look at the testimonials page? Looks like they got some glowing reviews, and a few people posted pictures of their loot when it arrived. It looked very good for mail order!

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    Original Author
    15 years ago

My order arrived yesterday. Two of the plants looked a little dry, but everything is a good size and well packed. Some of the plants are beeeeaaaauuuuutiful. :-)

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

Hey! Mine arrived today! :D I got 11 or 12 grasses, and they were all in great shape - all were just the right amount of moist. That packing job was super impressive, wasn't it? :) They all look to be very healthy with good roots, and the plants are about 12" tall or better.

Thanks again so much for the heads-up. Mom was waiting to see how my order came out, so she's going to go ahead and order now too. :P

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals