Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

The East Tennessee / Knoxville Fall Plant Swap was a success!

brandon7 TN_zone7
15 years ago

Although a number of our regulars were missing for a variety of reasons, we still had a great time and traded lots of neat plants. There were over 20 attendees (21 unless I missed someone). That's pretty good for a fall swap. There were new people as well as many of our regulars.

I ended up with plants that I had been dreaming of for a while. I looked up one of the more rare plants I got at the swap and found that if I had mail ordered a small one, I would have paid around $50 for it. I got a big one for free! What a deal!

Thanks to everyone that came. The food was great too. We have some good cooks as well as great gardeners.

Comments (13)

• krikit
    15 years ago

Brandon's right we truly missed seeing those who were unable to attend, but it did indeed end up being a wonderful day. It was good to meet some new folks that I hope will be back come Spring!

Frances

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Ya know how when you go on vacation and then come back only to want to go again really bad? That's how these swaps are for me. I want to do it again next week.

• Jennifer Cotter
    15 years ago

Oh dear I missed it. I'm glad you all had a good time.I will be there at the next one.

Brandon - I have only just checked back on my hydrangea posting, so i missed your message. Thanks so much for all your help.
    Jen

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Jen,
    If you haven't already done so, you might want to go onto the easttnplantswap.com site and sign up for group email. We didn't post announcements on that email group until late this time, but next time, I promise to try to give more warning to people through that method as well as on Gardenweb. That way you can find out about the swap even if you miss it on Gardenweb. Also, check out the exchange forum on that site. You can get hooked up with some really awesome stuff if you ask early. Pretrading usually starts about a month or so before the actual swap, but even if you choose not to arrange pretrades, there's always plenty of neat plants.

• Jennifer Cotter
    15 years ago

Thanks Brandon. I have signed up for that e-mail group. So see you at the next one.
    Jen

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Lavonne and I were in Crossville Saturday for the Pow-Wow and a Cherokee Wedding. I worked 80 hours last week, got two hours of sleep Friday night so I was really at my best Saturday. :-)

I so wanted to just get a room, sleep for 12 hours and come to the swap but it just didn't work out. We'll get there one of these days.

When are you going to get the new pics up on the website?

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't think anyone took pics this time. Laura usually takes some pics, but she wasn't feeling well and had to miss the swap. See, if you had come and brought your camera, we'd have pictures to show everyone.

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Dude I was a zombie and IÂm not talking about Rod Argent; Paul Atkinson; Colin Blunstone; Chris White or Hugh Grundy. Ooops, dating myself again. What do you think the percentage of GWÂs is that know who The Zombies were or can name one of their hits? "She's Not There", "Tell Her No", "Goin' Out of My Head" and "Time of the Season" are freakin classics!

Anyway, I digress I was totally and completely worthless Saturday and Sunday. Even Lavonne didnÂt want to be around me and I didnÂt want to be around me either! Trust me; me NOT being there was a blessing. :-)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Weren't zombies those guys on the Scooby Doo reruns?

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

I think so but by 1969 I had pretty much bailed on cartoons. They didn't have zombies on Popeye, Looney Tunes, Woody Woodpecker, Yogi Bear, Ricochet Rabbit, Touché Turtle, The Flintstones, Huckleberry Hound or Quick Draw McGraw.

• kim2grow
    15 years ago

Brandon I am like you. I always look forward to the next swap where i feel normal with the rest of you garden nuts. My friend brought the castor plant.

Thanks to the person who gave me the cliva, if you ever want to get rid of them i will take it. Also Thanks for all the plants, they have a good home. It's always fun to meet new people and see the regualrs. So, when are we swapping next??

Philo.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kim,

The lady that brought the clivias was a friend of mine. I don't think she's ever been on Gardenweb. Her name is Laura (not our own Laura, Madmouser). I'm hoping she will be back next time. I got one of those huge beautiful extremely healthy clivias myself. She has an extensive daylily and iris collection too.

We haven't even really started planning the next swap. That will probably begin in a couple of months. It's like the old saying that goes something like, "why do today what you can put off until tomorrow." LOL

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

"They didn't have zombies on Popeye..."

There were Goons in some of the later ones. Close....

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting