Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sweetposey

New Swap In Mid TN on November4th

sweetposey
17 years ago

We are happy to announce more information regarding our upcoming plant swap. It will be held November 4th from 10 am to 2 pm at Historic Rock Castle's Pavillion in Hendersonville, TN. Their physical address is 139 Rock Castle Lane, Hendersonville, TN, 37075. Directions to the site can be accessed thru Mapquest, but we will also post some shortly. We have set up a mailbox, so if anybody has questions, comments, encouragement, etc, please send them on to: bloomingidiotsplantswap@yahoo.com. There are six of us organizing the swap thus far, and we are each beginning to work on our 'For Trade' lists. We'll be posting those soon on the Exchanges forum. Please come and join us! We will be in an open pavillion with a fireplace & we're supplying the wood. Restrooms are on site. We won't be having a scheduled potluck, but I'm planning on bringing food to snack on and I'm sure some others will also. Any garden related items are welcome; we are placing no restrictions on trades. We will be having another organizational meeting, hopefully next week, and would welcome any of this forum's readers who care to attend. I'll post the meeting date/time/site within the next few days. We are all excited, and looking forward to a good time!!

Thanks,

Tina

Comments (7)

• Jan_Hobbs
    17 years ago

I'm glad you are getting another swap going, but you need to let people know this is NOT the Middle TN Plant Swap that has been meeting for 6 years down on the Buffalo River. By putting your heading on this post the way you did, it sounds like we have changed our date and location, which is not the case. We are still having THE Middle TN Plant Swap on Oct 21st as planned. Anyone wanting info can email me directly.

Jan

• sweetposey
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It was hardly my intention to mislead anyone, and I apologize for having done so if anyone has, indeed, been misled. I had assumed that by identifying our swap as a 'NEW' swap that folks would realize that it is, well, new. If anyone remains confused, please note that this is an entirely different swap, meeting for the first time November 4th, and has no connection with "THE Middle TN Plant Swap" held on the Buffalo River. I will be coming to your swap October 21st, Jan, and we'd love to see you in Hendersonville in November.

Anyway, we have set the date/time/place for our next organizational meeting. It will be held Tuesday, Ocotober 3rd at 5:15 pm at White House city park. Anyone who's interested is most welcome! Any questions, comments, concerns etc, you can either post a follow up to this forum or email our group at BloomingIdiotsPlantSwap@yahoo.com.

• Jan_Hobbs
    17 years ago

Tina, if I sounded snippy, I appologize... I didn't mean to.

I hope you will be able to come to the swap here on the river...but I will be in Tucson AZ at my mother's for your swap. Hope you have a great turn-out.

Jan

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    17 years ago

Hey Tina --

Hendersonville is much more convenient for me than Hohenwald -- but you're too late in the year! If you do it again in the spring, though, please let me know!

• jim_6b
    17 years ago

Hi Tina,
    You can count me in. Hendersonville is very close to me and I'm already getting a list together. I have alot of flower seed I can also bring.
    Jim

• lorax
    17 years ago

Good luck with the swap Tina!

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Swap

• sweetposey
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Just wanted to make sure everyone knew that the swap has been postponed till the spring due to the unexpected death of my Mom. I had posted this information on a different thread, but this one is still getting replies, so just wanted to make sure I didn't cause confusion. Please join us in the spring. We'll post more details after the first of the year.

Thanks,

Tina

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor