Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

Lebanon Flea Market

conniemcghee
15 years ago

Do you folks in and around Nashville know about this place?

It's a flea market in Lebanon, open every weekend. You get off at the Lebanon exit (the one with the mall) and go right for a few miles. I think it's right after the Cedars of Lebanon park entrance (Bad with directions, and someone else is usually driving).

Anyway, if you have never been, you need to go check it out. :) The growers come up every weekend from McMinnville and have really great looking plants for less than half what you'd pay at Home Depot, etc. I bet more than half the stuff in our previous yard came from there. I never bought a single thing from them that failed me.

Mom was there today and brought me back three Leylands for $10 each. They are between 3-4 feet tall and look healthy as can be. I bought several trees and shrubs there this spring, and all are doing well. I got a Rose of Sharon for $5 or so, and it is kicking some butt right now. :) I also got a Japanese Maple (Crimson Queen) for under $50. It's about three feet high. Mom said they had small Sky Pencil Hollies today for $10. (Great, just after I paid $50 each for mine - on SALE - at a nursery).

Their selection is a little bit limited to standard-fare. There are not many perennials, and no annuals - mostly shrubs and trees, and nothing wildly unusual. Sometimes they have hostas, and they always have a lot of phlox in the spring. But if you're looking for a good deal on yews, hollies, redbuds, dogwoods, knockout roses, lilacs, etc. - they really can't be beat.

Comments (6)

• gaijingirl
    15 years ago

Thanks for the info. Is there a specific name of this place or should a general "flea market" sign just be looked for? (I'm bad with directions...so I might easily get lost trying to get their.)

Do you know how much their knockout roses are?

• conniemcghee
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It doesn't have a specific name, or even a sign, but you will see tents set up. I think it's right past Cedars of Lebanon. It's on the right as you head away from the interstate.

I don't know offhand how much the knockouts are, and not sure if they have them in the fall. Most shrubs seem to be between $5 and $10 there.

Mom told me they had some yellow knockouts this spring. :)

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    15 years ago

That is not too terribly far from my place. If anyone goes by the flea market, ya oughtta give me a shout!

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

I was doing a search and this excellent post came up so I thought I'd bump it up. Tis the time to be shopping after all!

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

I finally dragged myself over there last Sunday and I'm so glad I did! There were 6 or 7 plant vendors from Mcminnville, and not only were the prices jaw-dropping, they were competing with each other, saying they'd beat the others' prices. I got the most beautiful fragrant dianthus for only $2 a gallon.

Here's an example of the prices: a 3 - 4' tall red cutleaf Japanese maple in a 3 gal pot was $22. Later at another nursery I saw a much smaller one in a 2 gal pot for $35.

They also had a vendor with concrete statuary and birdbaths. A large 4' tall birdbath was only $45!!!

A friend of mine asked me to help do all the landscaping for a house they want to sell, and I think this'll end up saving her a bundle. A big thanks to Connie for starting this thread:)

• conniemcghee
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You're welcome Heather! Glad you enjoyed it! I always do. The prices are just amazing, and every plant I've gotten from them has always done wonderfully - no losses yet!

I need to get out there soon. I need some more Knockout roses. I think they were $5 each for a 2-gallon or something crazy like that. I have lined the back of our fence (neighbor's side) with them, but need just about 3 more to finish the line.

Sponsored