Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Putting the garden to bed

Posted by rockguy 7a (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 31, 12 at 5:48

We have a sho-nuf freeze warning for this morning (wed) in middle TN, so I'm assuming most folks in the eastern part of the state have had worse weather. Has everyone put their summer garden to bed? All I have left is cilantro and onions, which I expect will live a while longer and some lettuce (butterhead) which I expect to brown off here today. We'll see.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Putting the garden to bed

I have sown some kale and mustards last month, selected the allegedly most frost-hardy varieties. Hope to enjoy them in winter, they look nice. All summer stuff is gone. I still have time to plant my shallots and garlic. The community garden has lots of very nice shredded leaves, I put them in every empty space and they keep things warm. Cheers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here