Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall 2010 East Tennessee Plant Swap -- Results

Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 2, 10 at 15:48

We had a great swap. Attendance was down, but I think everyone that came had a great time. We ended up with a total of 13 swappers (including a few family members) plus 4 other people that, after walking by to see what we were doing, ended up becoming adoptive parents for some of our orphaned plants. We really missed those of you who couldn't make it!

The weather couldn't have been better. It was just beautiful and very comfortable.

Besides the 4 people that dropped in after walking by, we had 3 to 5 new swappers (I'm unsure about 2 of them). It's always great to have new people, and we really hope they will come back for future swaps.

One thing I really wish we could find for next time is some new folks that don't have a lot of plants to bring, but are willing to adopt all the plants that need homes. I actually found homes for every one of my plants (even all of my pomegranates!!!!!), but many swappers ended up taking a lot of their plants back home with them. If you are reading this and have considered coming to the swap but have worried about not having anything to offer, WE NEED YOU next time!

Thanks to everyone that had a part in the swap. Even if you just came as a participant, you were one of the keys to making the swap successful. I think everyone that came enjoyed it, and I know a lot of plants are happy they aren't headed to the compost heap.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall 2010 East Tennessee Plant Swap -- Results

Thanks Brandon - we had so much fun. My friend Kim drove up here from Birmingham to come to the swap with me - and she is already looking forward to next year. :D

I missed her name...but the lovely lady that made the walnut bread, pesto and compound butter....DELISH!!! Thank you all for the great food and conversation today!

Tiffany

o

My husband and I also enjoyed the swap and the beautiful weather. I, too, did not have to bring any of my own plants back home. A first for me. Thanks everyone for the plants I did bring home! Also, thanks Brandon for arranging everything.

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 3, 10 at 21:55

It was a mutual collaboration between me, Cheryl, and Karen. We were somewhat limited this time by not having the website, but at least we had a swap. If everyone had as good of a time as I did, it was a great success. Hopefully, we can get a jump on the Spring swap and it'll be bigger and better than ever. If anyone has ideas, let us know!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here