Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

Fall 2010 East Tennessee Plant Swap -- Results

brandon7 TN_zone7
13 years ago

We had a great swap. Attendance was down, but I think everyone that came had a great time. We ended up with a total of 13 swappers (including a few family members) plus 4 other people that, after walking by to see what we were doing, ended up becoming adoptive parents for some of our orphaned plants. We really missed those of you who couldn't make it!

The weather couldn't have been better. It was just beautiful and very comfortable.

Besides the 4 people that dropped in after walking by, we had 3 to 5 new swappers (I'm unsure about 2 of them). It's always great to have new people, and we really hope they will come back for future swaps.

One thing I really wish we could find for next time is some new folks that don't have a lot of plants to bring, but are willing to adopt all the plants that need homes. I actually found homes for every one of my plants (even all of my pomegranates!!!!!), but many swappers ended up taking a lot of their plants back home with them. If you are reading this and have considered coming to the swap but have worried about not having anything to offer, WE NEED YOU next time!

Thanks to everyone that had a part in the swap. Even if you just came as a participant, you were one of the keys to making the swap successful. I think everyone that came enjoyed it, and I know a lot of plants are happy they aren't headed to the compost heap.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting