Timeline of Swap on Saturday

irisaddict
14 years ago

Just wanted to check - is the plan:

9:00 Try to arrive by & take care of pre-arranged swaps

10:00 Start swapping everything else

12:00 Start eating (if not before)

1:00 Speaker

So far the forecast for 10am Saturday is 45 degrees "feels like" temp is 40.

If anyone wanted to bump everything up an hour (start swapping at 11 instead of 10)to give people more drive time and to let it warm up a few degress, I sure wouldn't mind. Just a thought.

Comments (15)

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

The problem with making things later is there are people that attend that do not have internet access. The MTPS dates and timeline has been consistant since day one. Also I am thinking that if the weather is total crap I'm not so sure I want to make a longer day of it. Certainly we could move things along faster if it gets too uncomfortable. We have always been blessed with decent swap weather. This is my first swap as director. This could be my sign!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I have to leave at about 1 PMish too, so I unfortunately wouldn't vote to bump things up an hour, but it's a good thought though! =)

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Rhonda,

That's fine. I just wanted to throw it out there.

Is the timeline correct?

Evelyn

• Dave Townsend
    14 years ago

Can we bring firewood? ;)

• paperart
    14 years ago

If we are all frozen or wet when it's speaker time, my feeling will not be hurt if we vote to skip it. i can always do it in the spring.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I'm with Dave...who's got the 55 gallon drum we can huddle round? ;-)

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

All the swaps eating time I had attended was 12:00, except this past Spring/2009, we "tried" to start at 11:00. Thank goodness we did, remember the "RAIN/STORM" we all went thru getting home, :) !! Should depend on "How The Plants Swaps", was going to say "How The Mop Flops", or "How Froze Our Plants Are, :) .

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Columbiastock,
    As long as it is convenient for our speaker, I like to start lunch as soon as trading settles down. That way we can get to the speaker without people getting a little impatient or some having to leave for other events.

Evelyn

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I sooo can't miss lunch! Evelyn: Don't take the last piece of chicken this time! ;-)

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

Excited about the Topic and meeting the speaker! Can not skip, we will need the information for the Spring Swap, :).

• cottagegirl_tn
    14 years ago

I don't want to skip the speaker either...I'm willing to be cold to hear that valuable information!! I echo columbiastock..it will mean more spring bounty. Everyone, just wear lots of layers and rubber shoes!

• Dave Townsend
    14 years ago

Maybe have the speaker portion at 10:30 and eat finish swaps afterward?

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

I think that's a good idea Dave!

• irisaddict
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Lets just keep the same order: swap, food, lecture; but just eat as soon as the majority of swaps are done and then start the lecture as soon as everyone is settled down with food and the speaker is ready. I, for one, will probably not take the time to eat enough before leaving the house and would be thinking about food all during the lecture.
    Also, if there really are swap people without internet access, we should keep the order the same.

Evelyn

PS I cannot promise anything about the fried chicken, Steve

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

My concern for the folks without internet access is the swap date and start time. Once everyone is set up, if it is miserably cold we can always pick up the pace so to speak. We will trade, eat, and hear all about how to make more goodies to plant. We might get so caught up in friendship and plants that the chill in the air is not so bad. See you all in the a.m. :) Rhonda

Sponsored