Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judydean_gw

Memphis Swap followup

judydean
14 years ago

Hi, I'm sorry I had to leave early. My stepson John is fine, just bruised. Since he can't tell us what happened, we're assuming it was a fall. (There is no question of abuse; his caregivers are great). They did a CAT scan at St. Francis and he's OK, says no pain and seems all right. We went to lunch at Three Little Pigs and he had a great time. Lani, I forgot my Rose of Sharon. Maybe I can come get it later this week - unless they are all gone?? Any color, any size is great. I forgot to save some hydrangeas for Jennifer. If any are left, may I please re-possess them for her. Let's all watch for her return to the thread so I can take her her stuff. John, the breakfast was great as usual - bet the lunch was too.

Plan to get everything in the ground tomorrow. Thanks for a great swap - see you next time. Judy

Comments (14)

• atokadawn
    14 years ago

It was a great swap! we all had a teriffic time. I am uploading pictures as I type. We had the chance to make some new friends and enjoy the ones we have made into a family. The day started out chilly and then turned warm. The food was wonderful as always. I think I needed to be rolled to the truck.lol.

Judy, there are always more RoS around here for when you are ready. I will check my truck for the hydrangeas. If not I am sure someone will come in as to where they are.
    I sure am glad your John is okay. Maybe next time bring him with you.We would love to have him visit.

I am already looking forward to the spring swap. John wants us to lock a date down as soon as possible so we can reserve the building if needed. So start thinking about it ladies.

We sure did miss the ones that were not able to join us and hope you can come in the spring!

I am off to edit pictures!!!!!!

Let me not forget to Thank John for all he does for us ! breakfast was super as usual!

• mstagjd120
    14 years ago

Sorry I missed it this fall - it sounds like it was another good swap. I can't wait to see the pictures. I will be there in the spring for sure!

Judy, I'll be in touch with you next week about the plants. I really appreciate your offer & will gladly meet you anywhere. Thanks so much!

jennifer

• leighmac
    14 years ago

I enjoyed seeing everyone and thanks to all for the food. Judy Dean, where do you live? I am going to Mary's in Lakeland
    (sometime soon I hope... hostages, you know) and I am taking some of the coral porter weed I forgot to bring. Thanks so much for the itea! I still have to dig a BIG hole somewhere for it, LOL. John, Lani and Jackie, so good to see you. Wanda needs to come in the spring. I missed you darlin'!
    I think for the Spring date we should stay with the first of week or two of May. All the plant sales are in April and most plantaholics will be there. Just my two cents. Course, we're FreePlantaholics aren't we?

• atokadawn
    14 years ago

Leigh, When you going to see Mary? I would love to meet up and floolw you there. I still would love some port weed too.
    I already chewed Wanda and she has promised to come in the spring. Said to tell you she misses you too.

First week of May sounds good to me.

Lets set the new party!!!!!!!

Now if we can just find something to do in the blaaaaaaaaa winter.

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

Wasn't that a good idea to hold Leigh's clippers hostage for porterweed cuttings???? Lani I think she is just coming by and leaving on my porch if I am not home, I don't know yet if I will be or not. But you are more than welcome to come visit my porch and take some cuttings, I can email you my address. One of my neighbors came down to my house yesterday to ask about my brugmansias I told her about our swap so she may come in the spring. I have hydrangeas you can repossess I have the little yellow pot I would like one or two but you can have the rest let me know how to get it back to you, maybe we can meet up after Leigh comes here and I can bring you some porterweed cuttings? Let me know.

Mary

• sjackwheat
    14 years ago

Mary, What was the name of the plant that I got from you that had a tag that said, "I need someone to love me"? Also, what was the named name of the pink brug I got from you this time? I just LOVE,LOVE,LOVE your plants!!! Well it is off to bed after an evening of planting and repotting up some of my goodies. Keep in touch everyone....Jackie

• maemae0312
    14 years ago

jackie the sad plant was a zz plant and the the named brug was ecuador pink.

Mary

• judydean
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Leigh, I live next door to White Station High School in East Memphis. I can meet you anywhere for coral porterweed (the lavender one was the star of the garden this year) cuttings on Thurs, Fri, Sat or Sun afternoon. Mary, I was in such a hurry I forgot the yellow brug. Will you have some at the spring swap? Jennifer, I have itea, hydrangea, and seeds for you. Judy

• mstagjd120
    14 years ago

Judy, you aren't far from me at all (at least until I move). Can I stop by your place tomorrow (Wed) after work (about 5:15)? Email me & let me know if this is convenient for you - thanks!

Jennifer

jldesouza@comcast.net

• judydean
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jennifer, that'd be great! I hope you meant email you as in here because I don't have your personal one. My phone numbers are 901-818-9904 (home) and 901-282-7739 (cell). I should be home from 3:30pm on. I am going to the Botanic Garden for their last Farmer's Market in their parking lot and hoping to score some last minute veggies at 2:00pm. The gate code is #8846 (as in 'pound 8846'). Go straight and take your first left, the next left, the next right and straight into my driveway. Judy

• judydean
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm an idiot!! You gave your personal email right below your name! I just sent you an email saying the same thing I said above, hope you get it in time. Other folks, please excuse. Judy

• agnella
    14 years ago

Will there be another plant swap? Any other plant swap/sales happening in Memphis or surrounding area? I'm new to the forum and would like to get plugged in to something. I've got some plants to trade and/or give away. Thanks!

• judydean
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gee, agnella, I'm so sorry. It was last weekend and we won't do another until Spring. Do you think they will winter over until we do the spring one? We are working on the spring date now and it looks like early May after the big plant sales here - the Memphis Botanic Garden, Lichterman Nature Center and Dixon Art Gallery all have big sales in April - some are reasonably priced and some aren't. None of theirs are free, however, and ours all are.
    Hope to see you then. Meanwhile stick around here and welcome! Judy

• agnella
    14 years ago

Thanks judydean! I can wait...not patiently though. I'm terrible at that.
    Everything I have is in the ground...lots of plants that need thinning out and it can definitely hold over until spring. I have terrible allergies and sometimes my gardening gets backed up & this year my beds are flowing over. But, that will also give me some time to get some seed and cuttings started.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services