Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Middle Tennessee Plant Swap Lunch

Posted by bigorangevol Nashville (jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net) on
Tue, Oct 2, 07 at 18:44

Guys remember what Jan asked: We always run a bit short on meat and drinks. So to get some sort of idea where we are...let me hear what are you bringing for the Pot Luck Lunch.

You don't need to bring a ton of stuff, just enough to at least feed the number in your party.

We're at 17 1/2 days until the swap and I'm very excited! The biggest thing is that we get to hang out with each other. But I'm also jacked about what new plants we'll get to see and obviously the Daylily lecture from Doug is going to be awesome.

I've been wanting a good Daylily lecture since the first swap we attended. I've hounded Doug & Bec and even tried to get them to persuade his Mom and Step-Dad, Jeff & Jackie, to come speak to us. I tried to con Lucas, Daylily Kid, into coming and doing one. I've pestered several of the folks here in Nashville at the Middle TN Daylily Society to no avail. We are VERY fortunate to get this so don't waste the opportunity to hear an incredibly informative lecture from the President of the East TN Daylily Society!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Middle Tennessee Plant Swap Lunch

Welll....I don't eat meat, but I'll be happy to bring some extra drinks. :-)

There, I've said it. I guess I'm coming!

o

I will be there and I'm bringing tons of meat. I hope Jan has room for leftovers in case it does not get eat. Rhonda

o

Leftovers? There never seems to be much of that!

Glad to hear that you will be there Doc!

o

I hear crickets on this post. Ya'll help me out.

o

I'll have my usual double bucket o' chicken. Sis will likely make deviled eggs and (I hope) some pico de gallo. We're kind of predictable.

o

I don't eat meat, either, but I'll bring some stuff--probably some soy/fake meat stuff for us, and then some chips and a 2L of soda to share. Will that do?

Tamra

o

I'm actually planning on being at this one! So who's bringing the filet mignon and caviar?

o

YOU are, of course! :-)

o

Lucas I'm so glad that you are finally going to show!

o

Just back in town. Will be bringing my baked beans in a slow cooker as usual.

Lookiing forward to seeing everyone.

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here