Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

MTPS: Are you as tired as I am?

conniemcghee
13 years ago

Wow, that really whipped me! I am such a wimp. I didn't really *do* anything, but I ended up taking a two-hour nap when I got home. Meanwhile, my mom went to Ellington and worked and walked around five more hours over there.

My sister and I often wish we had inherited her endurance.

Anyway, great swap! As always it was lots of fun. Not a huge crowd, but I think I have a better time actually when the crowd is smaller. Seems like you get to talk to people more, rather than just running around like crazy.

I'm so happy with all my plants! They've all been watered and tucked away until tomorrow when I can plant them.

Heather, the special surprise you brought for me is so great! It was the first thing I showed Kevin when he got home. :) I don't know how you could have known, but I have really been wanting a yellow canna, and this one sounds like it will be so gorgeous with the peach and pink. And of course I just love all the other plants you swapped with me.

Rhonda, thank you so much for trading one of your super-cool garden markers with me! That was the one thing I did address when I got home. I took it to the area near the Homestead Verbena where the butterflies have been swarming all summer and placed it there. It looks very cool. :)

Thanks to everyone else who traded with me. I was very happy to get lots of Solomon's Seal (which is this season's aggravated monkey grass) and lots of great cuttings to try from Velvet and Heather. Thanks to Glenda for the Wild Ginger too, another thing I've always admired and wanted to try.

Tomorrow I need to get last year's plants out of the nursery and into the yard to make room for the new nursery inhabitants.

I think now it's time for a hot bath. See you guys in the spring!

Comments (13)

• msbatt
    13 years ago

My eyes are rolling up in my head. I had a GREAT time, but for some reason I came home more tired than I think I've EVER been after a swap---maybe because I ate waaaaay too much! Everything was delicious, the plants were wonderful, and the group suberb!

See y'all in the spring!

• velsgarden
    13 years ago

Rhonda,great swap.As always,had a wonderful time.im really excited with my new plants.The food was wonderful,but the people are are what makes these swaps so great.All of you are the best bunch of people I have ever met.Thank all you for making my new guests feel so welcomed.You guys are great.

• junebugntn
    13 years ago

I had hopes of attending this plant swap, especially since missing the ETPS, but at the last minute we decided to take a short vacation on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We're in Asheville now. Tomorrow morning we are going to go by the NC Arboretum before getting back on the parkway. Hope its good, although I'm sure it won't be the same as a swap. Hope to make it in the spring.

• palmetto_gardener
    13 years ago

Great swap! I came home with some plants that I have been wanting and some others that I hadn't even considered before. They all have found a good home. I hope to have more next year to swap. (I took a nap too. :)

• tngreenthumb
    13 years ago

Yep. Pretty tired. But I made myself get this done before I crash. Enjoy!!

MTPS Fall Swap 2010

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

Despite not bringing much with me except tons of seeds & a few gardening supplies, I came home with quite the nice selection! =) I have the first part of my Winter garden, set up in my "sun room" upstairs which includes most of the plants I got from the swap (except for the hardier ones which remain on the deck). =) About 10 trips up & down the stairs, then I passed out for 3 hours! lol...I will probably start the second part of my Winter Garden, the veggies, tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the wonderful plants!

- Steve

• new-gardener123
    13 years ago

I had a lot of fun today and I was super tired as well. Took a nap and I am still tired! Thanks to everyone for being so generous and sharing with those of us who don't have much to trade. I am amazed every year by how generous everyone is. Thank you! Hopefully next year I will have more to contribute.

Rebecca J

• mari5us
    13 years ago

Today was the best day !! I always love to see and visit with everyone, but my day was made when I got there and saw that Norm and Barbara were there!!! I love my plant swap friends. I like the lower key fall swaps because I can visit more. I also managed not to take many plants home-probably a first for me--just ask anyone who knows me well. The food was great, I ate way too much!! What else can you ask for on a beautiful fall day ? Thank you Rhonda for securing a beautiful warm spot for us to gather- you're the best! Joe, as always your pictures are fantastic- thank you! See you all in spring !!
    Marianne

• ladybug37091
    13 years ago

It was a good one for sure! Could the weather have been more beautiful? I enjoyed myself so much! I was wore out before the swap. lol My old friends, you really mean so much to me! It is really cool to see the new folks coming on board and catching the fever too. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. The Fall swap being smaller made it possible to get more familiar with the wonderful folks that I am so fond of. I must take the time here to brag on the kids that came to the swap! Have you ever seen such respectful, top notch young gardners? That is a fine reflection on their parents for sure. I need to run now and start personalizing my first garden hat (thank you Marianne). Thanks for coming, one and all and I will be looking for you in the Spring! Rhonda

• columbiastock
    13 years ago

Thanks so much for the pictures, as always so Great! Looking forward to Spring Swap.

Wanda and Bob

• tn_veggie_gardner
    13 years ago

We missed you both, Wanda! Will see you in the Spring. =)

- Steve

• burwoodbelle
    13 years ago

Sorry Sandy and I could not make the swap on Sat. Went camping at Pickwick State Park near Savannah TN.We sure missed seeing all you guys,looks like you sure had a good time thanks to the great pictures. (Thanks Joe)Hope to see you all in the spring.If I had any pre swaps let me know who you are and I will bring them then.HAPPY GARDENING.
    PAT.

• tlfox
    13 years ago

I am exhausted!! Right after the swap - I came home to pack for a trip to DC - leaving Sunday morning. LOL - I ended up DRIVING to DC, turned into a 12 hour trip and came back Friday. I am finally getting to really check out my latest aquisitions - and all I can say is WOW!!

I started planting this morning and still have lots more to plant. I can home with far more than I planned on - Miss Grace just had to have some plants for her little garden. But I am excited! My winter herb garden is beyond wonderful - thanks Heather!! And I will be watching my brugs all winter in anticipation of spring...

See you all in the spring!!

Tiffany

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH