Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Guerilla Gardening?

Posted by ccmarks Nashville, TN (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 26, 08 at 21:01

Saw some old posts on this site about guerilla gardening, but haven't seen anything recently. I have a fascination with this and think Nashville could benefit from some gardening guerillas. Anyone want to fess up to doing this in Tennessee, especially Nashville? Any problems, any luck? And I'm not just talking about taking over a corner of your neighbor's yard either. The school near me is looking mighty tempting...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guerilla Gardening?

What exactly is Guerilla Gardening? LOL

o

http://www.guerrillagardening.org/

It's bigger over in the UK and Europe, but this site has some good info about it.

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 29, 08 at 15:48

Here's a picture of them at work....

Here is a link that might be useful: Guerrilla Gardening

o

Weird...when I click on Brandon's link it shows me jersey zoo - gorilla enclosure. Guerilla Gardening has nothing to do with the animal Gorilla for those who are wondering.

It's about beautifying areas you live in, but not necessarily with the owner's permission. Picture the vacant lot in your neighborhood, the neglected school, etc.

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 29, 08 at 16:28

Ccmarks,
That's not just any picture of the Jersey Zoo, that's a picture of their gorillas gardening....gorilla gardening. Ain't it pretty!
(-:

o

I love the idea but have not had the nerve to try it. Lots of opportunities in my neighborhood. Now maybe if I had a partner in crime.....I'm not that far from Nashville...

o

Hi, I did a little guerilla gardening in New Orleans before moving to Chattanooga. I picked an area that the city owned but didn't care for at all. The EASIEST "garden" to grow is sunflower seeds scattered in a neglected area. Guerillagardening.org has a world wide sunflower planting celebration on May Day every year. I've been eyeing a few areas around my new city. You'd be amazed how perked up you feel when flowers you planted in stealth pop up and brighten an ugly, abandoned area.

o

I planted some poppy's in Memphis but someone dried them and started smoking.

o

I have thought of sneaking a few daffodil bulbs into yards up and down the street I live on but when it comes down to it I want them all for myself! (You can't have too many daffodils.) Sunflower seeds I think I could part with, may have to try that if I can find the right spot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here