Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishiki' standard

Posted by cantelopejoe 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 7, 13 at 22:57

Greetings! I recently purchased a Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishik' for a cove in my front yard. It in centered in a corner between my sidewalk and my house. I live in zone 7b. The tree is 5'-7' away from the foundation. It is about 30' from any water lines and about 80' from out septic tank (lines are in opposite direction from tree). Any concerns with the tree. I understand it is grafted on standard willow stock. Also, it is in partial sun.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Salix integra 'Hakuro-nishiki' standard

It is my understanding that they're grafted onto *a* willow stock, but not the typical "ginormous" weeping willow root. ie, It has vigorous roots (I can confirm this from mine), but not crazy like a regular willow. I was told it's "a well behaved willow." For what that's worth. 7', probably not an issue IMO, but someone smarter than me might chime in here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here