Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msbatt_gw

mtps: i really do have puppies to give away!

msbatt
15 years ago

Seriously. My mom's neighbor took in a stray, and she gave birth to puppies about six weeks ago. The mom is a shepard mix---looks rather like a small Border Collie or English Shepard, black with tan markings and a shepard's crook in her tail. No one knows who the father is, but the pups look much like their mom. Two are black and tan, one is all black, and two are white with black spots. We have, I think, three males and two females.

I'm guessing the mom weighs about 30 pounds, and I doubt the pups will be any bigger. They're friendly, and starting to eat soft food.

PLEASE, if you want a dog, e-mail me and let me bring you a puppy!!!

Comments (9)

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Just so everyone knows...
    HHSP does allow dogs at the park but we have a longstanding rule about no critters at the swap. We can't afford to turn the MTPS into Westminster nor can we afford the liability of someone being bitten.

On the other hand...
    how can I say no to a good home for some little puppies? I may be a jerk but I'm not THAT big of a jerk. Let's find those little fellers a home guys!

• msbatt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Jeff, I SWEAR I'll only bring 'em if someone wants 'em, and I'll cage them. But these little guys REALLY need homes, and their momma really needs spaying. This is her second litter since she was dropped here, and the people who've taken her in have three small kids and not much money. I don't have much money either, or I'd take the momma-dog myself. They've named her 'Beauty', which is very apt---she really IS a beauty. The pups are lovely, too, and could make a lot of kids very happy.

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

Aw Jeff, God bless you for bending the rules for these little guys, God bless the people who took in Momma dog and are giving her a good home, and God bless msbatt for trying to find the puppies a good home as well. :)

I may or may not make it to the swap, and I am at my quota for doggies anyway. LOL! But I agree that Momma needs to be spayed - as soon as possible. Would the family be willing to do this - is it just a matter of money?

• conniemcghee
    15 years ago

I don't know if you're in Nashville, but here is a link to some low-cost spay and neuter options. Up at the top, click also on "Friends of Animals" and "other low-cost options"

http://www.nashvillehumane.org/spayneuter/index.php

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Judith, had any takers yet?

• msbatt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Nope---and they're getting to be a handful! Loading the truck in the AM is gonna be fun, with five puppies underfoot...

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

Six counting that old Zigmeister cur mongrel.

• tngreenthumb
    15 years ago

As the biggest dog in this pack, I had them under control in no time. Nasty little buggers. Freakin' hairy furba....Oh who am I kidding. They're adorable.

We'll check this thread in the morning before we leave.

Anyone want a puppy? Anyone??? Beuhler???

• bigorangevol
    15 years ago

In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the...Anyone? Anyone?...
    the Great Depression, passed the...
    Anyone? Anyone?
    The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?...
    raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects?
    It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before?
    The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone?
    Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics.

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, king eh? Very nice. And how'd you get that, eh? By exploiting the workers. By hanging on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society. Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away. Come and see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I'm being repressed! See the violence inherent in the system. See the violence inherent in the system. Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, Didn't you?

My bad, somebody's a little punchy tonight!

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals