Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandsquid

Memphis Swap (last minute notes.)

sandsquid
15 years ago

Just got back from unloading groceries at the Church...

Apparently the person who does our sign out front did not get the word that I requested the Plant Swap NOT be advertised on the sign... The big sign on Summer Ave. now reads:

"Yard Sale and Plant Swap"

"Sat 7am - 2pm"

That being the case, we are likely to have quite a few more folks wandering down to our area looking for freebies with nothing to trade. So, if you have something "special" that you don't want to be put in an awkward position to just give away, I suggest we place such items inside the "yellow building". When I get there in the morning, I'll unlock the door facing the picnic tables. Anything that is a (ahem) "free for all" item keep outside.

I'm thinking to have our speaker do her thing inside the yellow building as well. It'll be more secluded, and we'll have less disruptions from the swarms of bargain hunters in the Gym. We have tables and chairs in there, etc. good lighting and I'm told it has been freshly painted inside.

Soon as I get the key to the sign in the morning I'll change it to read :

"Yard Sale--------Pancake Breakfast"

"7am - 2Pm----------7am - 9am"

For the "general public" it's pancakes, butter and syrup, out in the Gymnasium, (to the right of the kitchen).

For "The Garden Web'ers", and the Church's volunteers working the yard sale, we will be having breakfast in the small classroom to the left of the kitchen...

I have Pancakes; Plain, Butter Milk, Wheat Germ, Blueberry, Blackberry, or any combination there of. Sausage patties, smoked sausage and 10 dozen eggs to be scrambled, fried, omelets using the above mentioned ingredients as well as cheese.

I'm also bringing a few jars of my recently canned apple/cinnamon jam, and fig preserves for topping the above mentioned pancakes.

So, come early and bring your appetites, and your smiles and plants.

Or come later and bring your smiles and plants.

Or just bring your smiles.

But, please come!!!!

Remember to park down the hill, on the grass below the yellow building, away from all the commotion of the yard sale. You'll see my white Nissan mini-van aka: "The Man-Van" or as my daughters call it: "The Looser Cruiser".

Comments (7)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio