Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
myrtleoak

Where is everbody?

myrtleoak
16 years ago

This site has been dead as hell lately. Is everyone depressed over the end of the growing season or what?

Comments (12)

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

Besides getting 6 gallons of Raspberry/White-Zinfandel, and 5 gallons of Merlot pitched and under an air-lock... I fired off the primary fermentation of 7 gallons of Midland Mild Ale.

When it's _not_ raining, digging holes in the back yard, getting ready for the (4) fig trees, (3) sweet cherry trees, (2) pomegranates (1) Autumn Rosa Plum trees.

Also installing the trellis for (3) Cynthianna(aka. "Norton") and (3) Chambourcin and (1) Red Zinfandel vine.

• kathy003
    16 years ago

Guess I am kinda stressed over a tough gardening year. I got my fall planting done two weeks ago. Hoping for the best next year.

Today I am enjoying watching rain fall.

• maternut
    16 years ago

I am sitting here, thinking about a taste swap. I could bring the best water in the state, and some darn good coffee. Sandsquid can bring 6 gal of this and 5 gal. of that.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    16 years ago

I think we definitely need to get better acquainted with sandsquid!

• Evan
    16 years ago

Personally, I'm not depressed. By this time of year, I'm sick to death of watering, fertilizing, pruning, spraying, etc. I am enjoying the beautiful autumn colors and relishing dumping the dead annuals in the compost heap. I desperately need 3 months of winter being cooped up in the house to get me excited about gardening again. I don't know how those tropical people do it year-round!

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

Just started 5 gallons of BLUEBERRY wine.

Going to rack off 3 gallons in 2 months to make a "sweet" wine (@9-10%) and leave behind 2 gallons to ferment another 3 months to make a "dry" wine (@12-13%)

_Should_ be palatable by the Spring Swap meet ;-)

If anybody has a surplus of homegrown (fresh or frozen) fruits or berries I'l be happy to make you some wine.

3 pounds of fruit will get you about a gallon. (4) 750ml bottles, finished.

I have several empty primary fermenters needing something to fill them with.

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

Note that ANY fruits or berries, (or combination there of) can be used as long as they have not been sulfited.

Peach/Blackberry, Apple/Stawberry, Fig ... or anything/fig!!

I can also teach you how to make wines, you can come over the house with your fruit and we'll get it started, come back at racking or bottling time. do as little or as muuch of the process as you want.

I have a couple of hundred empty 750ml bottles on hand.

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    16 years ago

Oh dang, Memphis. Move over this direction!

• madmouser
    16 years ago

Trying to keep the squirrels out of the tulip bulbs outside and the cats out of the plants I had to bring inside. I knew those tassels on the papyrus were going to be tempting.
    I could use some of sandsquid's product. I'll have plenty of empty bottles in a week or two.

• maternut
    16 years ago

If my garden is any good next year, we need to make contact Sandquid May have plenty of blueberries and blackberries. Was a complete loss on the blueberries this year
    Norm

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

Anytime, be glad to make a little something special for anybody.

I'm REALLY looking for some ELDERBERRIES!!

If anybody has any, knows of anybody who has any, or if you see any for sale anywhere let me know ASAP! Or just grab me any amount as long at it is a minimum of 3 pounds. I'll be happy to pay you for them and your trouble.

• rockguy
    16 years ago

I think it's the fall "Blahs" or as someone said, we're tired of gardening, need a little break. I look forward to the seed catalogs coming in a few weeks and the planning of the "big garden of '08". But right now, some rest.......and not opposed to a little brewing either.

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals