Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paperart_gw

I found good advice for dealing with the leaves

paperart
14 years ago

I posted it on my blog check the link below. I'll never rake again!

Here is a link that might be useful: garden tips

Comments (12)

• tngreenthumb
    14 years ago

Been doing that for years now. We just called it lazy.

I do like to gather some of the leaves (after mulching into a pile) and mix them into my compost piles, but most of it stays where it falls.

• columbiastock
    14 years ago

Yeap, We always just take the lawn mower and go, was told years ago that it will help the lawn. But, I always take the time to run in the leaves with our girl (Prissy), she just loves them!

Wanda

• bigorangevol
    14 years ago

I mulch up ours with the mulching mower so that they go back into the lawn then I get all the ones that the neighbors rake and bag. I put the old blower on vacuum and mulch those from the bag straight into my compost bin. I get greedy for leaf mulch this time of year! Free's for me!!! I also rake up all of our pine needles and spread those in the rose, rhodie and azalea beds.

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

Jeff: Need anymore pine needles? I bet I could rake up a 50 lb trash bag full of them! lol. We have a huge old pine overlooking our deck & the ground below it (along with deck...grrr!) are covered in them.

• paperart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh, I wish I lived near you, I'd come rake those pine needles and take them home. I mulch several of my beds with them. I planted a couple of little pine trees just to have the needles one of these days.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden tips

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

I've been collecting other peoples leaves for years now.
    I usually get around 500 bags and use them to mulch my garden and all of my flower beds. Many of the bags I pick up have already been mulched and they go straight into the beds. The other leaves go into a pile to be mulched when I have time. Last year all of my beds got mulched with orange and yellow maple leaves. It looked really nice.
    jim_6b

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Pine needles would be great to bring to the Spring swap.

• paperart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'd trade for some pine needles! I could have kicked myself for not getting some of the goat poo this time. Whoever brings it -I'd like to trade for some next time. How about one of my Peggy Martin Antique roses?

Here is a link that might be useful: garden blog

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

paperart: I could easily gather 2-3 large trash bags full of pine needles. We can do a non-swap-time trade (like this weekend or whatever) if you'd like. I love roses! That would be a great trade. Is it easy to take care of? What about Winter...would it do fine outdoors? If not, what else would you be willing to part with for a ton of pine needles? Let me know if you want to do a swap. =)

- Steve

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I'm thinking more & more that I want to gather these derned pine needles & bag them for the swap, as I probably now have 6-7 trash bags full of them I could get. Only problem is that I have no rake & with my bad leg, I can't pick them up by hand. :-\ Any volunteers? lol...you can have what you rake! lol

• sandyl
    14 years ago

Hi paperart.. I had the goat poo and i'll be glad to trade a bag for your Peggy Martin Antique Rose at next year spring swap. Sandy

• paperart
    Original Author
    14 years ago

great! I have a nice one already started - it's yours. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: garden blog

Sponsored