Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please pray for Jan & Jim

Posted by bigorangevol Nashville (jtoothmanindadj@comcast.net) on
Sat, Nov 17, 07 at 11:58

I got this email message this morning from Jan:

"Just thought Id let you know. On Wed. we had to have AirEvac come in and fly Jim to Nashville to Bapt. Hospital. His heart was racing and I couldnt get a BP. By keeping him on a heart monitor they have been able to find out his problem. They are putting in a Defibrillator/Pace Maker on Mon. about 7AM. He will be in the hospital until Tues or Wed. Its been a rough week for him. Please keep him in your prayers."

Guys please, please pray for Jim and Jan!
I'll try and relay information as I get it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Update

I just got off of the phone with Jim and he's doing better but he's bored. I talked to Jan and she's on the way back to Baptist Hospital from their house. Jim is in Room 5328 and you can call them at 284-5328. He can have visitors and I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing from you guys or having some company; just not a deluge of it. Short calls or visits would be best. You can always call me at 310-4155.

o
RE: Please pray for Jan & Jim

I just sent Jan a big email. Maybe she will get it when they get home. they are in my prayers and most of all in my heart. I miss you guys and I pray that each of you are being blessed this Thanksgiving and CHRISTMAS!!! season. For all the other faiths, Happy Holidays!! Christmas remains a sacred word to me.

Jeff, my dear friend, whats ya'll are code??

Love to all, Mona

o

I hope the pacemaker does its job and gets him feeling much better!

o

ARE CODE??? Man what a day! Area Code???? Thanks Jeff, as you can tell, it's the same old Mona

o

Mona it's 615. Lavonne and I are going to visit here in an hour or so and I'll holler at ya when we get back.

o
Update

We just got back from the hospital and Jim is in really good spirits.

He is on Coumadin so they have to let his blood thicken before they can do the surgery. That's why they have to wait until Monday. Jim thinks that he's going home Tuesday but Jan thinks it's going to be Wednesday.

We'll probably go back out there tomorrow so I'll try and keep everyone abreast of the situation. They said that they really would appreciate everyones prayers.

o

• Posted by soeur z6b TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Nov 17, 07 at 22:21

Jeff,

Please let Jan & Jim know they're in my heart and my prayers. A pacemaker can make a huge difference -- I saw it with my mom.

Marty

o

Marty where the heck have you been? Call or email me this weekend please!

I'll pass along all the well wishes from everyone tomorrow.

o

Jeff, Please let Jan know that people all across the state are praying for Jims recovery. I am one of them. Rhonda

o

Jim just got out of surgery and Jan said that the doctor told her that everything went fine. He'll be resting/sleeping until about 1:00-2:00. Lavonne and I will be going out there later this afternoon.

o

Great news!

o

Wonderful! I praise God that everything went well. Jeff, please keep us updated.

We had our Thanksgiving today since the kids have to work Thursday. I'm stuffed, the bird is about gone, now for the sweats!

Love to all and may God bless you each and everyone with his loving Grace, Mona

o

We just left the hospital and Jan & Jim are going home today. Please remember to keep them in your prayers as Jim is going to have a sticky revovery process. Poor Jan has a hardheaded patient to deal with too; much like my better half does.

o

I appreciate everyone's concern and prayers. It has been a long week, hopefully we will both get a good night's sleep tonight. Now to decipher all the instructions about all his medicine...and keep it all straight.

Keep praying, it has only begun. Now they say he has congestive heart failure on top of all this.

Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tennessee Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here