Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
madgardener_etn

Anyone know how to post jpg's of plants I took to share w/others

madgardener_ETN
18 years ago

anyone know how I can post jpg's here to share with other gardeners of great garden photo's on a trek about fairy holler today at dusk? I have fun doing this and would love to share some great textures of heuchera's and oak leaf hydrangeas blossoms and other assorted wonders here in on the ridge just at the end of the warm spell. thanks in advance for any help.

madgardener

Comments (8)

• sondra_tn
    18 years ago

I use a free photo site called PHOTOBUCKET. You can upload tons of pictures on there and just send the short cut ink to your specific picture.
    Hope this helps :))
    Sondra

http://photobucket.com/

• wild_rose
    18 years ago

Here's the code you need to make your photo show up within the message and not as a link...

[img src="insert full address URL of graphic here"]

Photobucket is one of the best, but there are other photo hosting sites. Once you have uploaded your photo, you need the full url of your picture to enter in your message. Open the photo online, (if you're using a PC) right-click on the photo... select "copy shortcut" then paste it into the code below replacing insert full URL of graphic here. If "copy shortcut" is greyed out and you can't select it, you can also find the Address (URL) if you select "Properties" instead. When you preview your message your photo should show up. If you get a little box with an X in it, you've made a mistake, so go back and check to be sure you entered the entire code including the http:// and the .jpg or other extension. Before you even upload any photos, you can practice right here on GW. Paste the address on my photo below into the HTML code above and create a test message on the "Test Forum".

This is the code of the image above.

[img src="http://www.absolutewonder.com/photos/photo1/photos1/AW0008.jpg";]

You must exchange the [ and ] at the beginning and end with and > (on the keyboard located above the comma and period) to make it work. (If I had used , an error box would have shown up instead of the code.) Don't leave out the quotation marks or add any spaces - the only space at all is between img and src.

Good Luck. I can't wait to see photos of your garden!

• madgardener_ETN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I don't know WHY I am so dense. I've subscribed to photobucket, I've gone and signed up for Shutterfly, and I still can't figure this out. bear with me, please and eventually I'll get this and you'll get some of my incredible pictures from Faerie Holler (or Fairy Holler, as I more often call it)
    madgardener, who FINALLY got in ALL the tropicals, cacti, succulents and tender African bulbs before our first freeze. WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• madgardener_ETN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

here is an attempt at posting a link to one picture. let me know if you're able to access it.(how do you put the PICTURE on your reply larger??)
    madgardener

• wild_rose
    18 years ago

Mad, congratulations in posting a photo! What you posted looks like a "thumbnail", a small copy of your original. If that's what it is, if you go back to photobucket and click on that thumbnail, a larger image should open. The URL for that larger image is the one you need to use. Easy fix!

• MNature
    18 years ago

In Photobucket, copy what's in the TAG box under your photo.
    Paste it in the message box here. Hit Preview Message. Voila! Hit Submit Message.

• madgardener_ETN
    Original Author
    18 years ago

here goes.......

• MNature
    18 years ago

Congratulations! You did it. That is very beautiful.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor