Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
traciham_gw

FB group

traciham
13 years ago

I remember seeing a post in the past about starting a group on fb. Does this exist and if so, what is it called?

Comments (17)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

You may be thinking about the group for the Middle Tennessee Plant Swap. Is that what you are wanting?

• traciham
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It was a West TN one and I believe I found the right one. I sent a request to join the group. It is a real small group of only 11 and it's a swap group.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

Memphis area swap members:

Do you guys have a facebook page or any dedicated website presence?

• maemae0312
    13 years ago

Traci, accepted your request to join, sorry I have been out of town and facebook doesn't allow me to manage the group from my phone. Anyway good to have you. Sent you an email there as well.

Mary

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

Mary,

Does the Memphis area swap have a facebook page or any dedicated website presence?

• maemae0312
    13 years ago

we do have a private facebook group page for anyone that shows a genuine interest in our group on a personal level. Since we are a small group we tend to stay in contact with each other on a personal level. We know who's kids are diving them crazy, who is feeling ill this week and who needs special thoughts sent their way. Right now there is an invitation to my home for a day of wintersowing. We have taken on other projects like helping a fellow member that is behind in their gardening chores. For those reasons it is a private group, all swap information is still posted as we know it here. We also post our swap info on craigs list and at the church where we have it. We welcome anyone to come swap with us.

Mary

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

Mary,

I can't tell if you are saying that your Facebook group is for the Memphis (West Tennessee) Plant Swap (the one that takes place at Good Shepard United Methodist Church) or is something else. I was hoping there was somewhere we could direct people when they ask about that swap. I always tell them just to watch this forum, but I bet that only really works for the regulars. If you are part of that and you all ever do get an announcement email system set up or anything like that, let me know so I can tell people where to look. It seems like no one from that part of the state ever responds when people from that area are looking for swap info.

• maemae0312
    13 years ago

Yes we are talking about the same. If you see someone asking and no one reponds feel free to have them email me at maemae0312@yahoo.com and I will give them info as I get it.

Mary

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

OK, I'll try to remember that.

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

So what is the actual name of the group?? Is the group for west tn or just memphis?? Do you guys meet in memphis or somewhere else in west tn??

I am going to have a ton of plants this spring that I know I will not be able to plant all out, so I would love to join a swap here in west tn.

I can't promise I can make it to memphis being that it is about a 2.5 hour drive for me. Though if there was a swap in jackson or closer I might be able to make one of those.

• heathersgarden
    13 years ago

I love Jackson - if the swap was there, I'd go too!

You West TN Swap guys do need to post announcements here so the rest of us can join in the fun:)

• maemae0312
    13 years ago

Our Swaps are usually held at the Good Shepard United Methodist Church on Summer Ave in Memphis. It really isnt a bad drive from Jackson and is just off 40 so easy to find. The church has been gracious enough to let us use the gym in bad weather so our swap is held rain or shine. A spring swap date has not been set yet. I guess we need to start working on that.

• countrycarolyn
    13 years ago

Shame I wouldn't be coming from jackson. I live in the north west corner of the state. I actually live in obion county. I stay about 10 minutes from the ky state line. About 30 miles from mo state line. So it at least 150 miles to memphis or bartlet even.

• atokadawn
    13 years ago

You can also contact me @ atokadawn@hotmail.com

• atokadawn
    13 years ago

Thank You for posting the Middle Tn swap page tn veggie gardener. I will have to book mark it. We are deciding on a separate one for the West group.

• atokadawn
    13 years ago
Sponsored