Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tn_veggie_gardner

Elephant Garlic Question (April: Read this please)

tn_veggie_gardner
14 years ago

Ok, so like I planted a few cloves that Jeff gave me in Early Summer (approximate). They died off & I don't remember if they ever even grew...lol...I don't think they did. Well, about 2-3 months ago, they started growing like mad. I now have 5-6 dang good sized garlic plants (if you straigten out all the stalks/leaves, they'd be well over a foot tall). They are thick too...big leaves. Anyways, I haven't grown garlic before this, but I do know most of it is supposedly dependant/harvestable depending upon day length. I'm guessing this stuff is long day & will be able to be picked in the middle of the Summer? I dug one of carefully the other day to check it & there's an awesome root ball that looks like it grew out of the clove I planted. The clove is around half of outside of root ball & looks like it's about to fall off. Kind of like the seed cover that falls off the plant once it gets to a certain growth stage/seedling. My question is this, basically...am I right about this garlic being long day & harvestable during the mid Summer or should I maybe check it in the Spring to see if its done? Any & all help appreciated...Thanks! =)

April: I was going to post another thread about this, but figured i'd just add it to this one, in case you have any help you can give me on the garlic. Anyways, I think you mentioned that the Dwarf Pom seeds are ready? I have some seeds I can give you on trade, if you want. Please let me know! Thanks...you're the best!

- Steve

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone