Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

East Tn Plant Swap Survey

brandon7 TN_zone7
14 years ago

I'm interested in getting some feedback to help us make decisions for future East Tennessee Plant Swaps. If you've ever attended one of our swaps or would possibly be interested in doing so in the future, please let us know what you think. If you'd rather email me directly, that's fine too. Your answers and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Saturdays often pose conflicts with other events, especially in the Spring. Some people have to work on Saturdays. Having the swaps on Sunday requires us to schedule the swap later in the day to avoid conflicts with church. Do you think we should hold the swaps on Saturday or Sunday?

A. I prefer Saturdays

B. I prefer Sundays

C. It doesn't matter and I could attend either day.

2. What time do you think the swap should start?

time: ___________ AM/PM

3. What area do you live in (ex. West Knoxville, North Knoxville, Karns, Clinton, Morristown, etc)?

4. How far would you consider driving to attend a swap?

A. I live in or right around Knoxville and would not be willing to drive much further than across town.

B. I'd be more likely to attend if the drive was less than 25 miles.

C. I'd be OK with traveling up to about 40 miles.

D. I would be OK with traveling even more than 40 miles for such a wonderful event.

5. The last few swaps have been held at New Harvest Park in East Knoxville. There's plenty of parking and a very large, new shelter. Downfalls of that location include the fact that we have to pay and the lack of beautiful views (although the geese do add some entertainment). Where would you like to see the swap held at?

A. I really like the New Harvest Park location in East Knoxville.

B. I preferred Admiral Farragut Park in West Knoxville even though it may be too small for future Spring swaps.

C. I have a better location that I'd like to recommend. location: _________________________

D. I think we should vary the location and am willing to scout for new locations and help make arrangements.

E. I don't really care as long as it's convenient, considering my answer to question 4.

6. Do you think lunch/pot-luck is an important element of the swap?

A. Yes

B. No

C. I'm not sure

7. Do you think a guest speaker is important?

A. I really like having a speaker.

B. I like having a really good speaker, but only if they are really good and have a very interesting topic.

C. I don't really care one way or the other about having a speaker.

D. I'd just as soon not have to set through another lecture.

8. If we have a speaker, how do you feel about them speaking during lunch?

A. I enjoy socializing during lunch and would rather not have to remain quite during that time. I think the speaker should postpone their talk until later.

B. I think it's a good way to kill two birds with one stone. The speaker should start after everyone has their food.

C. I don't really care one way or another.

9. If you'd like a speaker, do you have suggested topics/speakers?

topics: _____________________________________________

speakers: ______________________________________________

10. Would you be willing to pay a small amount to help cover costs like shelter rental, nametags, etc?

A. Sure, I'd be willing to give up to $5 per person.

B. I could see giving a couple of dollars per person.

C. No, I might not come if there was any cost.

11. Do you have any suggestions about anything related to the swaps?

suggestions: ___________________________________________________________________

12. Are you interested in helping with the swaps (planning dates, times, locations, speakers, etc; promoting the swaps though online posts, announcements at garden clubs, etc; and/or working to help set up, make signs, make nametags, etc)?

A. I sure would. I'll email you with my contact info.

B. I can help with small things, but don't really have an interest in planning or doing more than my share.

C. Sorry, but I've already got my hands full.

Comments (3)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Class? Anyone? Anyone?

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Brandon, I am asking for input at the MTPS spring gathering as that is when we have the largest turnout. We will take votes by either paper ballet or show of hands depending on the crowd. You have some good questions posted. I hope you get a good response and some helping hands. Rhonda

• amandaj
    14 years ago

I've never been to the swap before. But I'll answer as best I can. Guess it's time for me to stop being a lurker.

Speaking of lurkers I'm surprised no one else is answering.

1 I'm leaning towards a but my final answer is c.

2 10:00 am

3 north Knoxville

4 b 5 e don't know

6 c not sure but it sounds good

7 b I'm always up for learning more

8 a I don't want to take notes while eating

9 no

10 a or b

11 not yet anyway

12 b

Sponsored