Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cottagegirl_tn

What do gardeners want Santa to bring you?

cottagegirl_tn
14 years ago

Gardeners are a different breed when it comes to our Christmas wish list don't you think? I'll start with a statue of the famous Bird Girl statue I found at a garden center yesterday (if you have no idea what I'm talking about do a google search), a pair of polka dot boots for those times I want to tromp in the garden in wet wintertime, lots of gardening dvds and books to pass the time, some flannel lined jeans when it's really too cold to be outside but I'm stubborn anyway...what about y'all?

Jenn F.

Comments (11)

• Dave Townsend
    14 years ago

A pair of gloves that never ever will wear out! I know it doesn't exist but I know I went through 6-7 pairs this year. Too many big projects! Stone just tears them apart.

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Dear Santa, I know I'm not the most realistic woman in the world but I would love to have some rock picking proof jewelry or the major money to repair the rings I have tore up and a couple of heated greenhouses. Merry Christmas! lol

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

Jenn, I could go for everything on your list!

I just opened my gift from a friend in Atlanta. We used to work together, and still exhange gifts. She is the best gift-giver ever! She sent me three of those ergonomic handle hand tools. I have been drooling over these since I saw them at Martin's. How she knew, I'll never know! She is apparently psychic. Does this every time. It's amazing.

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

A younger back, preferably age 18.

Rebecca

• jim_6b
    14 years ago

I want a new body. I'm only 45 but the 20 years I raced motorcycles has taken a toll on my body. All of the wrecks, broken bones, torn cartilage, torn ligaments and many surguries makes me wish I had picked a different sport. I should have taken up gardening at an earlier age.

jim_6b

• maternut
    14 years ago

I wish Santa could steady the gyroscope in my head, it has a bad wobble. My feet don't go where I want them to.
    Norm

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Norm, You just listen to Barb. She will give you good direction.

• conniemcghee
    14 years ago

I would like to add "new body" to my list too. I've been winter sowing the past few days, which basically just involves putting small amounts of soil in pots and sprinkling seeds in them. Not really a big deal. But you would think I had been digging ditches for three weeks. I had to get in the jacuzzi tonight.

Too bad I didn't get interested in gardening when I was like, oh, 20 or so. Man, I could have really put that energy to good use!

• tn_veggie_gardner
    14 years ago

I'll have to agree with jim6b & connie somewhat...lol. I'll just take some new hips (not the whole body). My surgery I was going to have this month will no longer work. If this Fosamax i'm on now doesn't postpone the hip replacement I now have to have, I may not be making it to the Spring swap. :-\

• decolady01
    14 years ago

I have been absent for months, but that's because I had to have a bone marrow transplant. I won't be able to garden this year as I can't have my hands in dirt or breathe dust (too much risk of infection), so I'm going to enjoy reading about all your planting exploits. The up side to this is that my donor is 22 years old. It's been my contention that I will be 22 again when I get completely well. :-) That's a far cry from 55, so I know I will be able to garden with much more ease next year. LOL.

Becky

• palmetto_gardener
    14 years ago

Becky,
    Your conclusion that you will be 22 again when you are well makes sense to me.:) In the meantime you can browse for cachepots and vases in the antique stores around (I live 50 mi N of Huntsville) I have such a collection I need to grow some more plants to fill them.

Sponsored