Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amazindirttn

Yeah baby, yeah!!

Amazindirt (7a TN)
16 years ago

I spent hours and hours puttering around outside today. I pruned, I planted, I cleared, I potted. In a t-shirt. And I'm planning to rinse and repeat tomorrow. I love global warming!!

;-)

Comments (8)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

Are you being sarcastic, just trying to see the bright side, or what?

• maternut
    16 years ago

I think she is telling us she is working in a wet t-shirt,or do you think she will dry it?

• Amazindirt (7a TN)
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Eewwww, NOBODY wants to see me in a wet t-shirt. LOL!

I'm just a bit drunk on the elixir of dirty hands on a warm afternoon. Even global warming has a good side. :-)

• maternut
    16 years ago

Hey lady this global warming has been going on for 10'000 years or since the last ice age. But watch out, Al is going to put a stop to it, then it will be to cold for you to work in the garden, in winter time. Enjoy while you can.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

Maternut, most people these days use the term "global warming" to refer to the type of rapid temperature change that has probably only occurred to this degree once in the past billion years or so, right before most of the dinosaurs died out. The term can be used to describe the general cyclical, and much more gradual, change you referred to, but it's not as common.

So far as Al goes, I'm not sure how effective he can be. Many people get so emotional about the subject, they refuse to objectively look at what people like Al talk about. I think many of them are afraid to face what could happen. They'd rather pick out some small details that are not 100% accurate or proven and dwell on that instead of looking at the vast amount of solid information that is known about the subject. It's easier to bash Al than face reality. Al may even get a little too excited sometimes, but he's only human.

This area's wet winter t-shirt weather may or may not be only caused by some cyclical pattern and may or may not be indirectly linked to "global warming", but it still concerns me. I sure don't want to see another summer drought and would gladly give up these warm winter days for more rain next summer.

• sandsquid
    16 years ago

> I sure don't want to see another summer drought

This is why I'm installing a drip irrigation system in my yard this winter!

No more sprinlers for me... The lawn can turn into a giant slab of baked adobe for all I care, but I WILL have fruits and berries.. LOTS of berries next fall!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    16 years ago

>This is why I'm installing a drip irrigation system in my yard this winter!
    >No more sprinlers for me... The lawn can turn into a giant slab of baked adobe for all I care, but I WILL have fruits and berries.. LOTS of berries next fall!

But, what about the water restrictions that were in place in many cities and counties all around the state? And, won't that get pretty expensive if you have many trees/plants?

• bigorangevol
    16 years ago

I spent 7 hours pressure washing yesterday in shorts, t-shirt, barefooted and covered head to foot in mud; it was great!

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz