Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tntitans21399

Planting Design Help

tntitans21399
14 years ago

I am in the process of making this planter. I'm no 100% on plants and plant design. he concrete block in the pick I am going to add a post light (www.tillyslights.com.au/images/outdoor/D...) and then maybe a container water fountain (cdn-write.demandstudios.com/upload//1000...) just in front of the concrete. Maybe make a box frame and will it with gravel or decorative gravel/stone and put the container fountain onto of the gravel. I'm just not sure about plants go along the side of the post light and fountain. Should I go with smaller plants panties or ground covering plants like creeping jenny. Or should I go with small plants up front (panties) and go up to a medium like lazy susans and then bushes in the back. Also I have thought about just putting a bunch of plants like tulips, crotons, coneflowers, and plants like that.

Also with the front part should I keep smaller trailing plants like creeping jenny or ivy or o with something like coneflowers, tulips, iris, or something in the medium height just for the color?

The planter is about 8 feet wide x 8 feet long x 11 inches (main part) deep and 5 inches (front 1 level) deep.

(http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fUNytIcRAS8/SxSB6W9-lzI/AAAAAAAAL1w/qPriv5defuw/s1600/photo.jpeg)

Comments (3)