Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brandon7_gw

2010 East TN Plant Events Calendar

brandon7 TN_zone7
14 years ago

I thought it was about time to start putting together the 2010 East TN Plant Events Calendar. I've listed a few events that I don't know the dates or times for yet. Can anyone add any info to this list?

Saturday, 27 February 2010, 8:30am  5pm : Conifers for Gardeners program at the UT Gardens in Knoxville

Saturday, sometime in April, time TBA : Spring Native Plant Sale at Ijams Nature Center in Knoxville

Saturday, sometime in early to mid April, time TBA : Talahi Plant Sale

Saturday, sometime in mid to late April, time TBA : Spring Plant Sale at Franklin Square in Knoxville

Saturday, 17 April 2010, 9am - 3pm : Spring Plant Sale at the UT Arboretum in Oak Ridge

Saturday, 8 May 2010, 9am - 2pm : Spring Plant Sale at the UT Gardens in Knoxville

Saturday, 22 May 2010, time TBA : Middle Tennessee Spring Plant Swap at Henry Horton State Park

Saturday and Sunday, 26 & 27 June 2010, time TBA : Blooms Days at the UT Gardens in Knoxville

Comments (12)

• ladybug37091
    14 years ago

Hey Brandon, I can add that all those plant sales make me wish I lived farther east. lol. Thank you for listing the MTPS on the list. I would like to note that 9:00 a.m. is the standing start time for that swap. Rhonda

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yep, you can never have too many plant sales. (-:

• Dave Townsend
    14 years ago

I wish the conifers program was here in Middle TN! I definitely need to add a few more of them in my yard.

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

A couple of additions:

Saturday, 6 February 2010, 11am - 3pm: Annual Seed Swap/Giveaway at Ijams Nature Center in Knoxville (free!)

Saturday, 13 February 2010, 11am - 4pm: Knoxville Bonsai Society's Winter Bonsai Display in the Garden Club Room at the Knoxville Botanical Garden (free!)

And an update:

Saturday, 24 April 2010, 9am - 3pm : Spring Plant Sale at Franklin Square in Knoxville

• katiedidcottage
    14 years ago

Brandon7, regarding the Saturday, 6 February 2010, 11am - 3pm: Annual Seed Swap/Giveaway at Ijams Nature Center in Knoxville (free!)

Is there any requirement for the seed swap/giveway? I have nothing to offer at this time, could I just show up? What kinds of seeds are they giving away? Thank you!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

From the announcement on Ijam's website:

"...if you don't have any seeds to trade, come anyway, there's always plenty. A great way to meet other people that share your love of plants. Free to all."

BTW, the last time I went (a couple of years ago), people also brought bulbs, cuttings, and even plants. I've missed the announcements the last few years, but this year, I plan to go again. I don't have many seeds or things to bring either. But, every time I have gone, there have always been seeds left over at the end of the swap.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ijam's Seed Swap Announcement

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Don't forget about the seed swap/giveaway tomorrow! I found some interesting seeds to bring and will be there. Remember that you don't have to bring seeds to come and get some neat seeds, bulbs, and maybe even some plants!

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Urbangardenfarmer, I don't know the specifics of becoming a vendor at that sale. I'd recommend contacting the Knox County Council of Garden Clubs, the people that coordinate the sale. I'm unsure how to contact them (they seem to be a someone obscure organization in certain ways), but I think you may be able to reach them by calling the Tennessee Federation of Garden Clubs at 865-522-6210.

• urbangardenfarmer
    14 years ago

Thanks brandon7.

• lilyfantn
    14 years ago

Hi Brandon and fellow Tennesseans - I live in Kingsport (very NE tip) and thought I would let you all know that the Tri Cities Daylily Society is going to have Dan Trimmer of Water Mill Daylily Gardens in Florida as a speaker on Saturday March 6 from 2 - 4pm in the Kingsport Library Auditorium. Anyone who is in the area and is interested in daylilies is more than welcome! The Trimmers are one of the leading daylily hybridizers in the country. Here is their website:

Here is a link that might be useful: Water Mill Gardens

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

He does have some awesome daylilies! I could use a five hundred dollar gift certificate to that nursery.

• lilyfantn
    14 years ago

Oh rats! I just found out Dan had to cancel. We are feverishly looking for another speaker to fill in. I will certainly let you know and we are hoping we can rebook Dan for later in the year. In case anyone is interested here is our club's website with our preliminary scheduled events. We would LOVE to have some of you visit and maybe even join!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tri-Cities Daylily Society

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH