Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cyn3_gw

back online

cyn3
18 years ago

Hi all,

my computer decided to crash in stages over Dec & Jan. I now have a spiffy new one (that was not in the budget) and am in that awful state of "that is on the other computer". Sigh.

The dogs are doing great. Poppy started puppy kindergarten - she is making good progress. Harriett's joints continue to look strong. So all is good down here.

I am having to decide about planting tomatoes - I had hopes of having a larger garden, but the private counseling practice is picking up - which is good - but on top of a full time job, it might be best to just have a few tomatoes.

If anyone knows Mark Korney's email, would you send it to me? I had great luck with his seeds and never got a chance to tell him simce I have been so sporadic in posting.

Cyn

Comments (4)

• coronabarb
    18 years ago

Cyn,

So good to hear from you! And good to hear that the dogs are doing well. Sounds like you are very busy. Still, you have to make time for those tomatoes. You'll regret it, come summer, if you don't, LOL! :-)

barb

• cyn3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

well, the plan WAS to start a bunch of seeds in mid-January so that I could sell the seedlings at work - herbs and heirloom tomatoes. Right now, I barely have time to breathe - so I am going to order some seeds and perhaps only start enough for myself. We shall see.

Lovely to hear from you Barb - I miss this group when things get hectic - and yes, you are right, I will regret not planting.

Cyn

• carolyn137
    18 years ago

Cyn,

I too am glad to see you back.

When I got my new computer last April my computer guy was able to tranfer everything to my new computer, essentially b/c I put up such as fuss about losing my faves, all almost 3000 entries, LOL, which is why it's so hard for me to find stuff. I kept meaning to organize them into folders, but....LOL

If no one has sent you Mark's e-mail address I can. I don't know where he went and I haven't e-mailed him to find out. I've known Mark for many many years, as perhaps you didn't know. He drives me crazy sometimes, honestly, but I try so very hard to overlook that. ( smile)

Just let me know if you still need it and I'll send it. But I'm wondering why his seeds do better for you than others either traded or purchased? That I don't understand.

Carolyn

• cyn3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Carolyn - and everyone else - I am hating the way time slips away from me. It feels as if I just sent my post and now, almost one week has passed.

The computer guys were able to transfer files - but not programs (I am not sure why). So I have files and web favorites but I have to search for them and then try to figure out how to get them in the right place. I also bought an updated version of FrontPage so I can continue to dabble with my website. However, it is very fancy and I don't know what 1/2 the buttons do, and of course, nothing comes with an instruction manual now - you have to go to Borders to get one...so I am struggling a bit.

I did order some seeds from TGS & Seed Savers. Melanie asked last night if I am planning to plant fewer tomatoes this year - I said, "maybe" :) I saw the post with corn in a container and so I ordered corn, beans, peas, and eggplant to try in buckets. Next year, hopefully, an actual veg garden rather than the plastic roundup.

I don't have Mark's addy - please do send it. He sent me Wes and you sent me Wes and his did grow much bigger but neither one put out much fruit. I am sorry that I communicated that ALL his seeds did better than the ones traded, that wasn't true. However, he did send a big variety when I had only requested one or two - so it was a lot of fun. The xxx from Mark was a particular favorite, because it was tasty and produced all summer long - and even until the freeze came.

I was hoping to trade seeds this year, but I have been so sporadic in posting that I have missed the offers. So I will plan ahead for next year. Also, am anxiously awaiting my SSE catalogue so I can support those with the patience and desterity to save seeds.

Perhaps more than you wanted to know :)
    Glad to be back.
    Cyn

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?