Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cyn3_gw

Time for another dog story thread...

cyn3
18 years ago

Well, the good news is that all three dogs are very healthy.

The bad news is that Poppy ate $25 this morning - just gobbled it down. Could have been worse as there was $65 there - big sigh!

When I left for work, she was napping soundly - good thing she is so cute and sweet...

Cyn

Comments (7)

• nctomatoman
    18 years ago

My 15 year old Black lab Zoe is at the point where eating is all she thinks about. She eats any bird seed that the birds toss out (that makes things interesting...), roves the house at night - dryer sheets, toilet paper, etc. Amazing - she is deaf, nearly blind...but there is nothing wrong with her nose or sense of taste!

Of course, she is just such a good role model for our 2 year old pup Mocha - has picked up the bird seed thing just fine!

Craig

• bcday
    18 years ago

Um, depending of course on personal preference, you might be able to recover the money if you really want it back. ;-) Paper money is designed to be pretty durable and the bits of paper that one of my dogs used to eat were still identifiable after their journey. Most banks will replace damaged bills if you can present most of the bill, I forget what the exact portion is that you have to present to them. I'm sure they'll request a bit of cleanup though.

-- BC --

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

Pictures anyone?

I want to see some pictures!

Sue...off to charge some batteries

• cyn3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ok - a bit of a fiver has appeared, and we have hopes of finding some shreds of the 20 - because according to the www, if I only have fragments of the bills, and can send them to a special office of the Bureau of engraving with an explanation of what happened - and the damage was done by weather, animals, or chemicals.

They make a BIG point about not disturbing the fragments and packing them in cotton - we have had a good laugh about sending them the piles of poop just to get our $$ back.

Cyn

• cyn3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

All $25 has re-appeared - in one form or another. We are definitely NOT posting a photo of this - but we are cleaning it up and sending it to the governement for replacement.

and we are keeping everything very far back on the counters now.
    Cyn

• feraltomatoes
    18 years ago

Picture of a free dog that has cost me more than 25$
    He's price-less actually.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• cyn3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh - what a handsome dog - that is a lovely way to begin a sunday morning.

Poppy is pricelss as well - she graduates from Pupy Kindergarten today - we are so proud :)
    Cyn