Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cyn3_gw

Where is Korney???

cyn3
18 years ago

I have sent a couple of emails to Mark with no reply - anyone know if he is OK? Of course, he might have gotten too busy for the tomato forum, but I miss his wisdom.

and I love his Korney's XXX!

Cyn

Comments (12)

• carolyn137
    18 years ago

Cyn,

I've asked the same question elsewhere with no responses. I'm sure that you saw that he did a few posts here a few weeks ago and then disappeared.

You might want to do a search to find those posts and see if he has a different e-mail address, or did he just not respond and your em wasn't bounced back?

Carolyn

• TJG911
    18 years ago

i have wondered too. i sent mark an email using my address book not the gw mail many many months ago but never received a reply.

i do know mark has many health problems and cares for his very old mother based upon emails we have exchanged. perhaps it is a health issue with either or both of them?

i hope both are ok, i like mark. who else do you know that can grow 2 acres of vegetables in a 30' X 45' or 60' urban back yard surrounded by 3 story houses!

tom

• cyn3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Carolyn, I had two email addresses for him and wrote to each, with no reply. As I said, life does get busy and the tomato forum can't always take center stage, I just miss his input. And, I really wanted him to know how much enjoyment we got out the seeds he sent me. I asked for one variety and he sent me about 8 - generous heart.

"who else do you know that can grow 2 acres of vegetables in a 30' X 45' or 60' urban back yard surrounded by 3 story houses! "

LOL! I knew he was gifted!!!
    Cyn

• mikeincypress
    18 years ago

His Ebay auctions are up. Hope to see comments from him soon.

Michael

• cyn3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hey Michael,
    I read your post last week and loked for his tomato seeds on ebay - but I am not seeing a seller from NY. Am I looking in the wrong place? His XXX plants are now all over San Antonio after my plant sale at work - It is a Korney invasion!
    Cyn

• suze9
    18 years ago

cyn, I was just looking at his auctions a couple of days ago. But now, when I click on the links on his page that take you to his e-bay auctions, it shows 0 (zero) items for sale. So maybe he finished up with his auctions?

Here is a link that might be useful: korney's page

• mikeincypress
    18 years ago

As of 7:30 EST Today the link works and under "view members auctions" there are 6 listed. I bought some of the seeds last week and swapped emails with Mark. He said to say hello to the members and that he was dealing with some computer issues and more. He hadn't decided what to plant for this year. I am sure he will be posting later in the season.

Michael

• TJG911
    18 years ago

well that's good news mike. at least he's still out there, i was worried about that. if you email him again and remember tell him i said hi. he should be in the guiness book for what he does in that yard of his!

tom

• donnamarienj
    18 years ago

I saw Korney's ebay site with all of his tomato seed listings and I was just curious to know who else on these forums sells plants/seeds on ebay?

• cyn3
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks for the update - I added Mark to my "favorite sellers" so I'll at least be able to know he still has a hand in the tomato world.

I looked at his varieties, they look great - I will be glad to see him back here, even if only briefly.

It is funny (in a lovely way) how we get connected to one another.

Cyn

• wvtomatoman
    18 years ago

Mike - Great news, glad to hear it as I was starting to get concerned.

BTW, I'm growing out some of his Aker's WV X Kellogg's Breakfast this year.

• sorellina
    18 years ago

Ciao all,

This is truly amazing. I was just talking to Duane about this (my Duane, not Dukerdawg) yesterday and mentioned that I hadn't seen Mark in what seems like forever. We were thinking about asking him if he wouldn't mind a visit this summer as he's only a few hours away. He's a kind and generous soul and I'm very relieved to know he's ok.

Cheers,
    Julianna