Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pepperina_gw

PP's new pets

pepperina
18 years ago

I now have 2 more pets - a new puppy, and a playmate for her, a new kitten.

Jasmine is a Siamese cross, loads of character and full of energy. It's not a good pic, but you'll see what I mean.

Where'd it go?

And Xena, she's gonna be a handful!

Meet my new puppy

PP, proud parent in puppy love

Comments (3)

• carolyn137
    18 years ago

Nothing like wee critters to bring out the mom love in humans. LOL

Jasmine looks just like my Siamese cross Tasha who had that same almost whitish color with dark points as a kitten and for the first few years and then as she aged she got darker and darker in color all over.

She lived a good life for 16 years before passing on due to kidney failure, which is quite common in older cats.

Tasha grew up with my shelter cat, darn if I can think of her name right now, who was a long haired Lynxpoint, and she too lived for about 16 years and passed on finally from hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.

I can still hear Tasha's typical Siamese yowling, while the other one meowed I'd say maybe 10 times in 16 years. LOL

Your puppy is just adorable. Any idea of possible parentage 'cause I just can't see her that well in your arms to be able to get a clue?

Carolyn

• carolyn137
    18 years ago

darn if I can think of her name right now

Darrah, that was her name, it just came to me. LOL

I named her after a little girl I used to babysit for b'c I'd never heard that name before and thought it was beautiful.

Tasha and Darrah were my fur babies when I lived in Denver and when I moved back East in 1982 they flew home with me.

Carolyn, whose present two fur kids, ages 7 and 3, almost 4, are at this moment awake and chasing each other up and down the hallway and it sounds like thunder. LOL

• pepperina
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I can imagine that pounding of pussyfeet Carolyn! Watching them play is sheer pleasure, LOL. What is "Lynxpoint"? Is it a kind of ringed stripe effect on the tail? Jasmine's tail has this.

Yes, I also have an elderly Siamese and Tonkinese, and they have continued to darken all over as they got older. Both of them have needed dental work these past couple weeks (Sapphire, who is 15+, needed 5 teeth removed, and Angel needed one removed after a huge abcess beneath it made his face swell) so I've been back and forth to the vet, including shots for Jasmine.

Xena is a mini-Schnauzer cross Poodle, and has an amazing temperament - energetic, mischievously playful, yet enjoys sitting and watching her surroundings too.

I'm hoping that these two are gonna be best mates *grin* Well, I figured that this way they wouldn't bother the oldies as much?! Oh in case you wondered, 'oldies' means the elderly cats, not me and Mr Pepperina *giggle*

Gardening and spending time with pets are my favourite passtimes, without a doubt, and housework is definitely on the back burner right now! (Where it should stay because there's always something more interesting to do!)

Patrina

Sponsored
Foremost Siding & Exterior Design Solutions in Columbus