Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curling Upward Tomato Leaves...and pregnant!

Posted by sadmater Western PA (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 7, 09 at 20:32

Hi all-

I am six months pregnant and LOVE nothing more than taking a tomato out of the garden and making a tomato sandwich.. with the way our tomatoes are growing it doesnt look like we are going to have any and its all i am craving!!!

Last summer our tomato plants began curling upward and our fruit production was low. This summer my husband and i used mushroom manure and added topsoil thinking we would not have a repeat from last summer. well... we are. our leaves are curling upward, feel dry (even though they are green) and some of the plants even are spotty brown. our zucchini, squash and cucumbers are thriving... i have pictures but am unsure as to how to post them.

any suggestions on how to save my plants?

thanks for your help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curling Upward Tomato Leaves...and pregnant!

If you have a place on the web (like Flickr) where you can put your photos, you can upload them there, then use the little field down below the box where you type your post (it says "Optional Link URL") to put in the URL for the photo. If you have more than one, you can follow the directions from one of the Gardenweb FAQs. If you can resize it before posting the link, take it down to 400x600 or smaller, so it doesn't overwhelm people on dial-up.

There's a Tomato Pests and Diseases forum full of people who try to solve problems like this, if you want to try posting there... if you can get pictures up, that could make a big difference in figuring out what's wrong.

Best of luck, and congratulations :)

--Alison

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here