Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lumierefrere

Hopes For the New Year

lumierefrere
18 years ago

I don't care about resolutions, what are your hopes for 2006.

I hope I can get a puppy and a pony. (my modest wishes!) I don't even care about a new car or pickup truck which I could actually use.

Comments (25)

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

I hope to conquer my AADD...without medications.....focus, focus, focus, and get on top of everything in my life.

Sue

• lumierefrere
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Have you ever tried DMAE or L-Theanine? Read up about them. The DMAE is sure cheap enough, I think I pay about $6 for 100. And Dr. Perricone says it's great for the skin, too.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    18 years ago

no' I've not tried anything. I've read alot about AADD, and 'think' it has bothered me most all my life.

Do you have AADD also?

I've never had much faith in herbal remedies, and I think what you mentioned is herbal...right?

I am so easily distracted from the job at hand. My mind races, often not even hearing the answer to a question I just asked, and will then ask it a second, or even third time b4 I stop and listen to the answer.

I could go on and on about the problems it causes me.

Sue

• lumierefrere
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think it's just a good idea to take care of your aging brain. There are some supplements that seem to help so I've gone along with what some of the research seems to indicate. These are the ones I can afford. Vinpocetin is relatively inexpensive (made from periwinkle) but others will have to wait for my bestseller. The Romanians have done quite a lot of research in such things and you can get a lot of the history on the web. I tend to disregard most of the claims ;-)

• HoosierCheroKee
    18 years ago

I hope that in 2006 all the terrorists, corrupt politicians, self-aggrandizing TV talkin' heads and media pundits, agenda-driven freedom tramplers, selfish users, human rights abusers, chronic perpetrators, and other worthless treif transcend into that special place they all believe is reserved just for them and leave the rest of us to live in peace on this planet.

• spyfferoni
    18 years ago

I hope to get a lot of prjects done around the house, especially our yard landscaped. We don't have grass in the back yet, and I am SICK of the MUD!!! I also wouldn't mind loosing some weight.(:

• lumierefrere
    Original Author
    18 years ago

HoosierCheroKee, excellently put! I wonder if we're talking about the same ones ;-)

• Mary_in_pnw
    18 years ago

Weight loss and a new job.

Mary

• hedwarr
    18 years ago

I hope to win the lottery, become obscenely wealthy and dump a disgusting amount of money into my tomato garden.

• coronabarb
    18 years ago

Hmm, all of the above, LOL.

Actually, this year so completely sucked that 2006 just HAS to be better. Problems with the family and VERY FEW tomatoes top the list.

Yes, 2006 WILL BE BETTER!!! :-))))

barb

• Colorado_west
    18 years ago

I hope, too, that 2006 will be better. Weather that tomatoes will grow and ripen like normally should. Peace for all. Cure for curly top virus is found.

• jenna_sc
    18 years ago

I hope to correct some bad health habits....like too much fast food, too little water, too little exercise, etc. Not just to lose weight, but to be healthier and to feel better.

I hope to learn how to let go of stressful stuff that's out of my control. I also want to be less pessimistic and critical...before I say (or think) negative things, ask myself: "Is it kind? Is it true? Is it necessary?"

Oh yeah, and hoping for a great growing season filled with bucketfuls of yummy tomatoes!

Jen

• big_mike
    18 years ago

Hopes for the New Year... How about a little less of the attitutde that the world owes us a living and a little more common sense?

Also, I have high hopes for the little seeds that Jeri sent me turn into giant deep green plants with tons of tasty maters.

• tomstrees
    18 years ago

Wishing everyone happiness, good health, and wealth for the New Year ~

I want a new job ; and lose 15 pounds !!! ~ Tom

ps. and a successful 2006 mater patch for everyone !

• annschickenfarm
    18 years ago

I see alot of people also want to lose weight.Me too but really I mostly just what to be stronger,build some arm strength. i've had to spilt some wood lately and I've found that i'm in great pain for days later.I tell myself that my body will get used to it and soon it won't hurt every time.
    But really for 2006 I just want to try to be a little more stressfree.just let things not bother me as much.Drink a little more and enjoy the little joys I have.
    Ann.

• HoosierCheroKee
    18 years ago

I hope the wackos from Kansas who came here today to protest at the funeral of a serviceman who died in Iraq caught pneumonia in the rain and have a miserable 2006.

• shesalittlebear
    18 years ago

Here are my hopes for 2006:

To find a new job. I just got laid off today.

To have my grandfather be healthy...He's the only father that I have ever known.

I hope my brother finds a great job. He was laid off 3 weeks ago. His company hired him 4 months ago without calculating 2006's budget which ended up having no money for his position.

I hope that my marriage gets stronger and better...It's still a work in progress.

If all goes well with my marriage, I would love to have a baby that is healthy. I am a carrier for a very rare horrible genetic disease. There is about a 8 percent chance that a baby would not be okay.

I hope for a year full of less stress (see issues above).

I hope that DH gets into Grad school.

I hope that my doggies are safe and healthy.

Like many, I hope to loose weight.

I hope always find the beauty in small things.

I hope to be more patient

I hope to learn more from my elders

And not for the minor stuff. I hope for:

whole lot of tomatoes and other veggies
    I hope to become a better baker
    I hope to spend more time with interesting people
    I hope for opportunities to travel
    I hope to read more
    I hope to learn more from others...And to be come a better listener.

I guess that's enough for now.

• big_mike
    18 years ago

HoosierCherokee, please don't let that nasty little man and his band of idiots define all Kansans for you. He is an embarrassment to any good Kansas Christian. Our hope for him is the same as yours. He came to our town to protest at a Presbyterian Church for whatever reason a few months ago and was run out very unceremoniously. He'll never be back here, I'm sure, as not only was he run off, but his manhood was threatened at least once I understand.

• heidibird
    18 years ago

In addition to the hopes of peace and good health for all, I want to add my personal selfish hope of becoming wealthy enough to be able to quit my job and stay home and tend my garden. I would also like enough money to be able to open a dance club. However, because I know what our personal finances are, that won't happen unless we hit it rich in the lottery. Of course-that means I have to buy a ticket first! *lol*

~Heidi (who is addicted to both gardening and dancing)

• PaulF_Ne
    18 years ago

I hope it alternates sunshine and rain on the plains in the proper proportions so my gardens grows.

Sue: Most genius entrepreneurs in our recent history were also ADHD or AADD or AAHD; I knew there was something special about you...continue to focus

• hortist
    18 years ago

Best Wishes to everyone

chemocurl

change what you eat and look into changing your intestinal flora - you will see a difference but it will take time and discipline. DMAE is not herbal but acts on brain chemistry that is out of whack (probably because of what you eat and the critters that have grown in your intestines and have messed up your chemistry). Some with ADD go the other direction on DMAE and get worse - just depends on your chemistry. It takes time to change years of build ups and damage from the gut flora. I realize that's a simplified statement for a complex issue.

Ah Kansas,

Home to Bob Dole, Perry Smith and Dick Hickock.

AND the LAST DECENT republican president that actually cared for all the people of this country and not just the corporations and the rich - Eisenhower.

Heidi

do you dance in the garden? Ever tried the "behind-shuffle" made famous by Carolyn? ;)

"In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes. We should take nothing for granted. Only an alert and knowledgeable citizenry can compel the proper meshing of the huge industrial and military machinery of defense with our peaceful methods and goals so that security and liberty may prosper together."
    - Eisenhower Jan 17th, 1961

• HoosierCheroKee
    18 years ago

"... please don't let that nasty little man and his band of idiots define all Kansans ..." [Big Mike]

Mike,

I certainly don't. My previous opinions of Kansas was that it was a nice prairie state that had some of the best barbeque available (Kansas City Style!).

My current opinion is based more on your and Keith's sincere and populist attitudes and gardening prowess.

We have our share of idiots in Indiana and have had historically some really champion dimwit fanatic groups and individuals sprout in our own backyard.

After watching five dreadful individuals drag the American flag in the gutter, yell obnoxious slogans at the grieving family of a fallen serviceman, and pray that our community endure another killer tornado (all as their perceived "wrath" directed at our "tolerance of immorality"), I just was wishing that the cold rain yesterday gave those wackos a message that their warped vision is not appreciated on earth or from above.

Peace to all other Jayhawkers,

Bill

• big_mike
    18 years ago

Bill, what would it take for you to let us send you those nice folks from Topeka on a more permanent basis? :)

A little background on those knotheads. Basically the whole church is made up of his direct family members. There are no others who can stand him. And I'd guess the only reason his family stays is because he has threatened them.

• heidibird
    18 years ago

hortist, I dance everywhere I can! I just have to be careful in the garden or I will smoosh all those plants if I get carried away. :-)

~Heidi

• torquill
    18 years ago

Hopes... that I can balance school a little better with the rest of my life. I have a few methods for that I want to try out, because if I'm not careful, Organic Chemistry eats my life and causes lots of stress.

That I can learn to slow down and be more patient, and listen more, not just to myself or to other people but to what's around me, and to where my life is going. I hope I can see the opportunities I'm not expecting.

That my health will continue to improve, and that I can keep from obsessing about my weight. I'm actually reasonably fit, but the numbers I read off my scale are not what everyone else's are by a large margin, and it bothers me. I hope I can learn to accept my own build and stop applying numbers to it, even if it is hard to find clothes. I hope I can look at the good side of my build (I can swing a pickaxe with the best of them, and I may never have a broken bone in my life).

That this year is less stressful than the last. I shudder to think of what it would be like if it were more so.

That my transfer to University actually goes smoothly; I've been at two four-year universities before, and had to drop out. I just hope that this time the stars are right, and I'll finally get my degree.

That my garden does as well as I want it to, and doesn't struggle with little stunted plants. I hope that I've really found a few secrets which will make a big difference, and that this year I'll get the armloads of tomatoes, okra, and cucumbers that I've always wanted.

Lots of hopes. Funny how the more life seems to stamp out the flames of hope, the more little sparks flare up in its wake.

--Alison

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus