Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Looking for Rare/Heirloom Tomatoes, will trade

Posted by pawlow05 5-6 WNY (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 1, 10 at 9:50

Hi all,
I am looking for these seed types (all on Slow Food's Ark of Taste). If anyone has any of these seed types, I would be very interested. I have some seeds to trade. Thanks in advance.

Aunt Ruby's German Green Tomato
Burbank Tomato
Chalk's Early Jewel Tomato
Djena Lee's Golden Girl Tomato
German Pink Tomato
Livingston's Globe Tomato
Livingston's Golden Queen Tomato
Orange Oxheart Tomato
Radiator Charlie's Mortgage Lifter Tomato
Red Fig Tomato
Sheboygan Tomato
Sudduth Strain Brandywine Tomato
Valencia Tomato

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Looking for Rare/Heirloom Tomatoes, will trade

Pawlow, I have some of the varieties you are looking for, but I can't tell what YOU have. When I click on your "trade" link I get stuck in some real estate web site. Please clarify. Tomatobob

o

Hi Tomatobob,

I don't know why you are having the problem with the trade/real estate mixup. What varieties do you have? Here is a list of the varieties I have for trade. Thank you.

Orca Bean
Butternut Squash
Caribe Cilantro
Red Salad Bowl Lettuce
Lutz Salad Leaf Beet
Delicata Squash
Lemon Balm
Pokeweed
Tiger Eye Dry Bean
Italian Basil

o

Hello back, and thanks for the response. Sorry to say, I don't have a need for the seeds you have. I applaud the presence of pokeweed on your list. Keep those old-timey greens alive!

o
Rare/Heirloom Tomato Information

Has anyone heard of Schmeig Craig tomatoes? I got the seeds years ago from Abundant Life, before their fire. I've not seen them since, but have saved and grown them all these years. Looking for information on them.

o

• Posted by bets z5A ID (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 10:17

Hi Sandy,

This seems to be an odd place to put your question. The spelling you gave is actually incorrect, it is Schimmeig Creg.

This year five members of Seed Saver's Exchange have it listed, one with no description, and described as:
1. 80 days, med. size, red fruit with orange stripes, red flesh, sweet, high yields, best when very ripe
2. 82 days, great looking striped tomato, too bad the taste does not match, still worth growing for attractiveness and possible cross-breeding
3. 80 days, indet., regular leaf, med. size plums, red with orange & yellow stripes, flavor is quite good
4. 80 days, indet., 2" red fleshed fruit with red & yellow stripes

Of course taste is subjective, and you may find that you like them very well.

In case you don't check back here, I have sent you an email with this info.

Betsy

Here is a link that might be useful: Schimmeig Creg at Tatiana's TomatoBase

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from the U.S. are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here