Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cattle panel tomato cages

Posted by tmflyfish z8b Houston, TX (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 9, 06 at 3:29

unlike concrete remesh, these don't rust

Image link: cattle panel tomato cages (38 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cattle panel tomato cages

Nice and hefty-looking!

How did you ever get that stuff to bend so nicely??? I've got some cattle panels here and can't even imagine trying to shape them into tomato cages. What's your technique?

o

• Posted by farkee 10 B South Fl. (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 9, 06 at 9:23

I also would love to know how to bend cattle panels into neat round shape. Hope TMFLYFISH checks back soon.

o

• Posted by moogies z8, D/FW Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, May 30, 06 at 12:11

I'm not TMFLYFISH - but here's his method:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/tomato/msg0316361530083.html

Since my short, wimpy cages are all bent, and the tomatoes have flopped over the rims and are now heading for the ground, I'll definitely be doing this next year!!!

Anybody have any suggestions for what to do with 25 lousy tomato cages? (I already used up a bunch supporting my asparagus plants - which, BTW, works very nicely!)

Kathi

Here is a link that might be useful: I have a great alternative to concrete remesh cages

o

• Posted by farkee 10 B South Fl. (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 11, 06 at 19:39

Kathi, thank you for the link about the cattle panels.

o

I'm trying to go to the link on how to bend the cattle panels, but it doesn't seem to exist anymore...can anyone help? Thanks!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here