Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mazarini, Russian pink heart

Posted by lumierefrere z4NY (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 21, 05 at 13:03

Meaty, very few seeds, juicy and excellent.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mazarini, Russian pink heart

Wow! That is a great looking fruit. Seesms red on my screen, but that just my screen, I'm sure. Also, I've never heard of Mazarini. What made you go with this one?

Thanks all,
Grub, who seems to have a lot more hearts to grow this year :)

o

Hi Grub

The color is slightly off since I took it in the morning light on a white paper towel which makes it very hard on the camera to figure out when you are zooming thru the process.

This is a new one from Andrey. I chose it because I wanted more pinks and I wanted a different shape since I already had 2 pears, some plums, lots of rounds etc. So it was just a wild shot. I only seeded 1, it came up and it grew like crazy, very vigorous. It's about the size of a grapefruit, so to me quite large. It needs better staking than I gave it this year but I do recommend it.

o

Thanks Lumi. Very interesting indeed.
BTW: Looks more pink on my laptop at home now :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here