Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for BHN 871 seed

Posted by jrslick KS/5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 10, 10 at 1:06

I went to a conference this weekend and I learned about a variety that performed very well. It is a yellow tomato, BHN 871. I found a supplier, but the cost and amount of seed is too much for me. Does anyone know where I could find a smaller amount of seed. The smallest amount I have found is 1000. That is about 950 more seeds than I would ever use. Does anyone have some that I could buy from them or know where I could find a smaller amount.

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for BHN 871 seed

According to their website's list of dealers, Johnny's Seeds has them as well as Siegers and Seedway. But since it is a commercial variety don't know the minimum order size from them. Likely it is 250-500 minimum.

Have ordered from Siegers in the past and their usual minimum is 500.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: BHN Seed - dealers

o

wow you went to st joe?

wish I had known to look for you.

since this is a variety targeted towards commercially growing you likely wont find it small quantities. Disregarding the specific disease resistances (most of which shouldnt be a problem where you are anyway) BHN 871 is going to be very similar to 'Carolina Gold' which are more likely to find in smaller quantities. If you have tried it and didnt care for it then you likely wont care for the BHN line.

Siegers seed was about $25 for 500 seed rather than Seedway's price.

I was rather displeased that none of the seed reps had samples of any seed. When I have gone to other meetings in the past seed company reps always had samples to give away.

o

Morgan County Seeds

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here