Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Has anyone grown Sweet Treats hybrid?

Posted by Materex zone Ft. Myers Fl. (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 4, 12 at 9:44

I bought seed primarily because they were expensive (10 seeds for $5.95)I know, odd reason. Anyway, they are just starting to produce and are lovely, a large dark pink cherry. I can't say that I'm really keen on their taste, possibly that will improve. Hadn't noticed anyone mentioning them, so I thought I would.

I think we may have had a frost last night, too early to survey the damage. I have about 110 plants, 10 varieties, it will be interesting to see who took it the best/worse.
Distressing, yes, but having come from generations of Indiana farmers I know its all a gamble.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Has anyone grown Sweet Treats hybrid?

They tend to do best flavorwise when the night time temps are higher. Also, being up north, growing them in the summer (when the light quality and duration is different).

I prefer Sakata's precursor variety 'Sweet Quartz" but 'Sweet Hearts' has added firmness to reduce bursting (they burst which is technically different than cracking). This made it more attractive to a larger seed market.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here