Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heat Resistant Tomatoes for So. Cal

Posted by behlgarden 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 13 at 21:41

I lost entire crop last season to intense heat, I would rather plant varities that are more heat resistant this year as suppose to heirlooms.

any suggestions? I get full sun all summer/spring.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heat Resistant Tomatoes for So. Cal

Link below is to several previous discussions about heat-tolerant varieties with many suggestions included.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Heat tolerant tomato discussions

o

Porter tomatoes are not the tastiest but they can take the heat. Had some last year that withstood 107 degree heat and baked in the sun all day. They stayed alive and produced. It's one tough tomato.

o

I have posted in several places this year that Fouth of July Hybrid came through our Summer, fruiting. My plant is Still alive under my patio cover, and still putting out fruit. My heat would have been at least as bad as yours, likely worse.

o

I'm trying Super Sioux this year. Cannot report results yet but it's advertised as heat tolerant and this variety is mentioned a few times in the link provided above by digdirt. I could send you a few seeds to try if you like. email me with your address if you are interested.

This post was edited by marymcp on Fri, Jan 4, 13 at 7:55

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here