Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hydroponic Cherry Tomatoes Grow

Posted by Xchus 11 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 7:43

Hello,

This is my first time posting on these forums, however I have found a lot of useful information on them. Since there are so many knowledgeable people here I would like to hear your opinion on my grow so far. It is my first time growing cherry tomatoes, and it is the first time I make it so far (I had lots of issues with heat because I live close to the equator.) Please let me know what you think!

Parameters
Number of Plants = 20
Avg Plant Height ~ 3.5 - 5 ft
Nutrients Temp = 70F
Canopy Temp ~ 68F - 86F
TDS ~ 1.3 EC
Daily Nutrient Soln Consumption ~ 3 - 4 gals

Picture @ day 1

Picture @ day 43

Fruit from first trusses @ day 43

This post was edited by Xchus on Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 8:31

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hydroponic Cherry Tomatoes Grow

Forgot to add, plants on the left side of the hydro system are pruned, and on the right are not pruned. I'm trying to see for myself whether is true or not that tomatoes yield more when not pruned.

o

Welcome to the forums. Good looking plants. Looks like the un-pruned ones are doing really well.

You might want to post this over on the Hydroponics forum here for more feedback on your growing methods.

Good luck with your plants.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydroponics forum

o

digdirt, thanks for your reply.

I have my system almost dialed up. I'm more interested in knowing if my plants are doing fine, it is my first time growing cherry tomatoes, that is why posted it here. Thanks again!

o

Well from the pics they look great. Good color, good fruit production. Good size plants.

Dave

o

Thanks again for your quick reply Dave. This past week growth has been ridiculous, should I let them grow wild like that? or do I have to do something for the plant to focus more on fruit production? Please advise.

o

Picture @ day 48

Fruit from first trusses @ day 24 from first flower

o

What ever happened to figuring out if pruned vs unpruned plants yielded more?

o

Probably they deleted the pictures too. HMMM
I could not see any pics nor link to any.
Most cherries are prolific any way ; pruned or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here