Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
timmy1_gw

How bout it Bingster, got your ears on?

timmy1
15 years ago

I know you must be getting ready to seed if you haven't already. Whats going on in the panhandle?

Comments (7)

• geeboss
    15 years ago

He sure has been quiet these past winter season must be hibernating ....time to rise and shine bingster!!!

George

bingsters containers producing some mighty fine matters

Here is a link that might be useful: bingsters 2008 journal

• bingster
    15 years ago

Hey Timmy and George...happy new year!! You're right...haven't been on the site since last summer so it's about time. Was just thinking today...only about 30 days til I plant. Am not growing anything from seed this year as I decided after last year that I like the varieties I can get locally as seedlings. This year am sticking with Big Beef and Park's Whopper as these give me plenty of 10-12oz fruits and I like their taste just fine. Timmy...I know you already have thousands of seedlings in your flats!! Good to see you're both still around...will keep in touch!

cheers

Bing

• timmy1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Bing!

Great to see your still at it!

Actually, I'll be starting to seed next Wednesday. And the main greenhouse batch will be seeded St. patrick's Day.

Too bad you don't live closer because I'd seed yours too!

Tim

• geeboss
    15 years ago

Bing
    Since your going to grow just Big Beef and Park's Whopper, how many containers will you be using for your crop?

George

• bingster
    15 years ago

Timmy,

Wish I was closer also...would love to study your operation in action and learn how to do it from you as it's obvious you know what you're doing! As I've mentioned before, I'd like to have an operation like yours one of these days. Hope all is well and look forward to your first pictures!!

George,

Last year I had 30 containers...60 plants. Will do the same this year. I tried a lot of different varieties last year...lots of heirlooms...and was really disappointed with the production I got. All my plants were beautiful but on some I got absolutely no tomatoes. On others, only one or two. I found that the Big Beef and Whopper give me excellent production and nice big tomatoes. So...am expecting I'll have more tomatoes than I know what to do with...but I find I have lots of fun just growing them and giving them to my neighbors who appreciate them a lot.

• jleiwig
    15 years ago

I've been a big fan of both of your growing setups for a couple years now. I always love the pictures that Timmy and Bingster post of their tomatoes.

I have three containers and I'm planning on adding a few more this year as my main interest is growing tomatoes as well. I just wanted you two to know that your an inspiration to some! One day I would love to have a greenhouse operation for growing tomatoes!

• timmy1
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hey Bing,

Are you going to get some Netafim 4 way drippers this year?