Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm So Proud !

Posted by Deeby 9b (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 15, 14 at 15:45

I saved two seeds from a really good tasting store tomato a few months ago.
I can hardly believe it-they're up ! Waiting now for true leaves.
If I get healthy plants and good tomatoes I'm going to freak out !
I'm learning that it's hard work babysitting seedlings. I hope the effort pays off.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm So Proud !

You have never grown a tomato before? If not, have fun.I hope the new plants give tomatoes that taste just as good. :)

o

That is good, I think.
If you want to become a good gardener you should get excited OFTEN.

o

Yes, I always grow container tomatoes, but from plants. I have never used seeds let alone seeds I saved.
Thanks for the good wishes !

o

Congratulations, Deeby!

I remember the feeling of shock several years ago, that seeds I'd saved actually sprouted and grew. (Mine were descendents of some grape tomatoes that volunteered in my compost area.)

o

This is how I end up with literally several hundred tomato seedlings when I realistically can barely keep up with a few dozen plants. I just LOVE the process!

o

I buy my seeds and would like to try saving my own, so I hope I will be as successful!

o

Now I'm really proud ! To be called successful ! I'm a gardener !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here