Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ISI indoor hydroponics tomatoes

Posted by doctorman indoor (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 10, 14 at 19:44

Hey Guys,

New to the tomato world & need your help..

I am making a hydroponic system and I want to grow few Cherry tomatoes and few medium to large size tomatoes enough to feed a family of 4 with few extras.

They are indoor in a nice warm apartment with grow lights that will go probably for 15 hours/day all year round.
The space is limited so if I can get 2lb of Cherry tomatoes per week from one plant that is enough and few pounds of slicing tomato. I want ISI so it can go all year round without becoming too big.
I like the firmer round and nice tomatoes but I would appreciate it more if they don't get infected or sick.
If I am getting 2 plant of each (cherry and medium) I would rather have one yellow and one red variety.
Great taste and firmness is also a priority (don't like the tomatoes too watery)

These are all my concerns. Not sure if I am asking for too much.. sorry if I am.

Would appreciate your input ..

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ISI indoor hydroponics tomatoes

• Posted by digdirt 6b-7a North AR (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 12, 14 at 20:36

What specific varieties are you planning to use? That can make a big difference. I haven't tried very many of the dwarfs but have had good results with Dwarf Champion Imp, New Big Dwarf, and Patio to name just a few.

As to the hydro aspects you might to check out the Hydroponics forum here for input on that as it is so different from the dirt gardening most of us here do. There are many good hydro discussions there about growing tomatoes that the search tool will pull up for you for tips.

Dave

Here is a link that might be useful: Hydroponics forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here