Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dickiefickle

Dangers of Canned Tomatoes

dickiefickle
11 years ago

Some talk about how toms are canned and causing concerns.

Here is a link that might be useful: 7 Foods That Should Never Cross Your Lips

Comments (10)

• mrdoitall
    11 years ago

Just more reasons you should grow more of your own food. And can your own food. I use glass jars and tattler reusable canning lids. Been using then 20 year or so. Check them out.

• ryseryse_2004
    11 years ago

You can worry about everything these days and the stress is what will kill you, not what you eat. People are living longer and if it weren't for today's farming, more people would be undernurished and unhealthy.

I try to grow organically but growing apples that way is almost impossible and I don't believe for a minute that my apples or those bought at the grocery are bad for you. Just plain silliness IMHO.

• ReedBaize
    11 years ago

Agree 100% with the last post. I'm not an organic gardener and, aside from my mother's father, no one in our family is. They're all in their late 70s and early 80s so I don't guess the chemicals did much harm aside from keeping bugs and pests off of our tomatoes.

• dickiefickle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It seems rediculous to add dangerous chemicals to our food supply. In the case of tomatoes ,I will now only buy in glass jars like salsa. There was recently news of the beef from the USA that Russia refusesbecause of the added chemicals ,that USA says is OK for you and I to eat . Wake up and see what these places are doing to our foods .Why is there all this cancer,diabetes,etc.Why do they add nonessentional chemicals to food ? purely to stretch profits .And dont say eat food without them,because
    people cant afford them .

• dickiefickle
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It seems rediculous to add dangerous chemicals to our food supply. In the case of tomatoes ,I will now only buy in glass jars like salsa. There was recently news of the beef from the USA that Russia refusesbecause of the added chemicals ,that USA says is OK for you and I to eat . Wake up and see what these places are doing to our foods .Why is there all this cancer,diabetes,etc.Why do they add nonessentional chemicals to food ? purely to stretch profits .And dont say eat food without them,because
    people cant afford them .

• digdirt2
    11 years ago

3 duplicate posts??? Gee dickie, tell us what you really feel. :)

It isn't as if canned tomatoes is the only source of BPA exposure in our daily diet.

Dave

• wcthomas
    11 years ago

Even glass jars are rinsed with a Dihydrogen Monoxide (DMHO) solution, without doubt the deadliest chemical on the planet and responsible for more brain damage and death than any other chemical. Dihydrogen Monoxide has been found in all bottled tomatoes and is well documented in mother's breast milk and acid rain. There is just no safe place to hide!

TomNJ

• ryseryse_2004
    11 years ago

Even breast milk? Wow --- I really think the safest thing to do is to just stop eating altogether. We are all going to die anyway -- might as well do it with a clean body.

• jbann23
    11 years ago

Ah yes, that ubiquitous dihydrogen monoxide. We can't escape it, for sure it's going to get us. Even my tomatoes like the stuff and won't produce without it. Thank goodness it's not too expensive and even runs off my roof occasionally. They say it'll wear out rocks over time. Now that's some powerful stuff. Strange material that exists in three separate conditions, liquid, solid and gaseous. I think there's another name for it too. Something like Adam's ale.

• garf_gw
    11 years ago

Di Hydrogen Monoxide. H2O. Water. Strange people in here.

Sponsored
Velero Deck Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structures