Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's Wrong with my Tomato Plants Leaves?

Posted by TomAndJerryGardener none (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 0:29

Recently I planted Big Daddy Tomato Hybrid, I fed them tums water, and provided eggshells, but unfortunately I overwatered, so a few (4 or 5) caught the fungi known as drooping off. Luckily with the help of you guys I quickly threw out the "infected" ones, but suddenly the non-infected plants leaves looked different and curly ( picture provided ). I live in Zone 5 or 6 and they are currently indoors with fluorescent lights and sunlight. Nowadays I don't over water and feed them any supplements. They only have their cotyledons none have their "true leaves" yet. Could the leaves be a bad sighn or is just a healthy plant.
-TomAndJerryGardener

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's Wrong with my Tomato Plants Leaves?

• Posted by robeb Kansas City area (My Page) on
    Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 2:17

Looks ok to me.
Keep the lights close and only water when the mix drys out.

o

What soil are you using? I doesn't look like seed growing mix but more soil.

o

The leaf at the bottom of the photo might have gotten a bit pinched by the seed coat. No problem. I've seen much worse damage to cotyledons.

Of more concern is whether you planted in potting mix or dirt.

This post was edited by missingtheobvious on Thu, Mar 21, 13 at 20:04

o

Thanks I actually have Miracle Grow seed starter and Top soil, but at the time I planted these tomatoes I used top soil. Thanks for the help!!!
-TomAndJerryGardener

o

I believe that your tomato plant is growing well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here