Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heritage - KBX and Manyel

Posted by Rathos 7b PA (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 5, 12 at 15:30

Just a nod to these guys. I ordered 2 packs of KBX from heritage tomato seed. I received an email the same day (thursday) and received the seeds today (monday), well packaged and in good order.

additionally, they included a pack of Manyel tomatoes as a gift. is this common practice?

At any rate - great experience, and very reasonable price.

Now can anyone give me an idea what to expect from the Manyels? I've never heard of them, (granted, i'm still a nublet) and would be interested in hearing what people think about them. And Heritage, if applicable =)

-Rathos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heritage - KBX and Manyel

Rathos, my experience with HTS has been great; they're one of the best. A number of seed suppliers will throw in a bonus packet, which is cool in a grab-bag sort of way. I haven't grown Manyel, but it's a popular variety, a lot of suppliers carry it. Here's the blurb on Manyel from Tatiana's tomatobase:

75-80 days, indet., regular leaf, good yield of 3" golden yellow globes, blemish-free, very good taste with a hint of citrus.

o
RE: Heritage - KBX and Manyel

Let me try to clarify.

I was the person who introduced Manyel to others via my listing in the SSE YEarbook, Tania doesn't have that info there and I suppose I should give her the rest of the info as well, since I'm in contact with her all the time.

My seeds were from Joe Bratka many years ago and when he got them it was also said that the word Manyel meant many moons, but nowhere could that be verified and also of Native American heritage and nowhere could that be verified either.

Tania has two listings, one for Manyel and one for Many Moons which is not a separate variety, rather a wrongly suggested translation of the word Manyel. So those two pages should have the same information.

Hope that helps.

Carolyn, and no it isn't unusual for many seed sites to include a bonus pack. Even when packing up tomato seeds for my SSE requests I include a "gift" pack of seeds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here