Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Getting started

Posted by bigpinks 6SCOhio (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 19, 12 at 19:01

My day got off to a bad start as I dropped three potted 7" plants and broke the top out of one. Ten hours later under the lights they still appear OK. I then seeded Goliath, NAR, Chapman, Black Pineapple, Orange Slice, Black Cherry, Italian Ice, Orange Paruche, and have Porterhouse, Sunny Boy, Pineapple and Mexico still to go. All have two seeds per 7oz styrofoam cup. When I get done in an hour or so I will have about 40 cups covered with saran wrap. I always buy a dozen Estler Mortgage Lifter plants from a local greenhouse. And jeez...I had to push the mower around....I'm too fat and old. Thinking of a riding mower soon. Almost forgot the Cherokee Purple and Indian Stripe. The CP are seeded but havent got to the IS yet as I just got those from Victory Seeds today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Getting started

Big pink I havent seeded in years. If its not too late I may give it a go! If your seeding all these varieties can you utilize the leftover seeds you dont use for next year?
So Sorry about your lost plants.
Do you sell these? Or do all those go in the garden?

o
RE: Getting started

All are planted. Tomato seeds will last for yrs if they are stored in a dry cool environment. I think the dropped plants are going to recover. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here