Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brandywine #45

Posted by edweather Zone 5a/b Central NY (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 20:16

Not really a question, more of a comment. Was listening to a lawn and garden program on the radio last Saturday morning, and a caller mentioned that he grew an awesome tomato called a Brandywine #45. I'm only a novice grower, but I never heard of it before. So I went online and the only mention of it is on Tatiana's site, and it looks to me like Brandwine #45 is the same as the regular Brandywine (pink), PL. Just found it interesting that someone would refer to it by that name.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brandywine #45

#45 is not Brandywine ( pink and PL), rather Red Brandywine, RL.

I did a long post for you with links to Johnson and Stokes saying it was RB and several other links, but something went crazy with how it appeared here and I lost the whole post with several links.

I'll try to redo it tomorrow. (smile)

Carolyn

o

I'll try posting this again on another place. Maybe your answer ville post better.

o

Ed, no, I'll do it here since you asked here, but right now I simply don't have the time to go fetch those links again for you.

Those elsewhere already know, or many do, the Johnson and Stokes connection to Red Brandywine, but your choice as to what you want to do. ( smile)

Carolyn

o

Carolyn thanks. Ok, no problem. Don't sweat it. I wasn't extremely interested. Just thought it was odd for someone to refer to it by that name. Thanks. Ed

I only posted it to the other site so the response might get a wider audience.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here