Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potato Leaf Question

Posted by dbannie04 8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 26, 12 at 21:51

I grew (2) Depp's Pink Firefly and (6) Aunt Gertie's Gold from seed this year. Both are supposed to be potato leafed. One of the Depp's Pink was regular leafed and (2) of the Aunt Gertie's were regular leafed. Is this normal for them to revert back to regular leaf? I bought the Aunt Gertie's seeds from Tomato Grower Supply Co. and the Depp's Pink Firefly seeds were from The Sample Seed Shop (I think their's are OP). I know that the plants are NOT mislabeled, as I was very meticulous during planting and with labeling.

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is if these are some sort of cross pollinated mutt, or if occasionally you can get a normal leaf plant that produces tomatoes true to their variety. Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potato Leaf Question

No, it is not possible to get a regular leaf from a variety that is OP and is suppose to be a potato leaf. It is either a cross or more likely a mix up in the packaging.

o

I've never had a Depp throw regular-leaf seedlings in 12 years of saving the seed, and the original family can't remember seeing regular leaf plants. Sorry! If you want some Depp seed, just let me know your mailing address and I'll send them to you.

o

Thanks for the input!

@Tomato_Jam--I sent you an e-mail about the seeds.

o

dbannie04-

I'm so sorry - I'm not on GW all that much any more - and I'll happily send you some seeds (sorry it's so late) - my email address on here is ancient, please send email to clarkbooks@gmail.com. Sorry again.

julie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here