Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help-what is happening

Posted by babelsrus 7bNC (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 11, 13 at 6:19

Hi
Do you recognize what is happening to this plant? I bought it on Saturday and by Sunday leaves were turning yellow, I removed 2 sets of leaves but now spots?
Thank you for any help. I added a small amount of water with epsoms salt? It has two tomatoes growing. I have been setting it out to harden it off but our temps have been crazy hot-at first I thought it was leaf burn.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help-what is happening

I personally would just pull it off. to me that looks like over watering or leaf burn issue from too high of a dose of Fert. youre in the same zone as me Id remove the yellow portions and let the rain give it a good soaking tonight or tom.

o

Looks like a big plant for such a small container - would be real easy to over-water it. What variety is it?

Dave

o

Thank you for your help. I think it probably had been overwatered prior to purchase as the lower leaves were more yellow green while the top were very healthy looking (and still are). I have taken your advice Danielnc8 and removed the lower leaves. And Dave, I transplanted it to this pot from an even smaller pot but with the 5-1-1 mix. I plan on putting it in a much larger smart pot as soon as the night time temps remain above 50 here, 2 weeks if I can wait that long. In trying to harden it off and get it as much sun as possible our unusual 80+ temps might have been to much.
One last question, if watering is adjusted is it probable that the plant will be fine?
Thanks
Beth

p.s. does anyone know why the photo which was upright in the preview gets flipped to the side?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Growing Tomatoes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here