Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andyinnyc

OT (but on topic, too) - Bypass valve for garden

andyinnyc
10 years ago

Since the tools forum has a 'most recent post' from back in September, I thought I would post this here in the most active (and my favorite) section.

I'm looking to build a water bypass valve from PVC and parts from HD/Lowes to use with my fertilizer my tomatoes and peppers, etc.

A bypass valve splits the hose water either fully or partially and then rejoins the streams (one of the sides has a ball or other type full/partial shutoff valve) - one of my splits will have a venturi fertilizer 'pump'.

So, anyone have a parts list and directions - visually it's easy to see, but the fittings, etc. are easy to get wrong.

One side difficulty is that I want the venturi side to have a replaceable (varying) length tube with connectors on both ends since my sample ABS venturi pumps are different sizes. The venturi will connect to a fixed end (screw connectors) and then there will be a 'stub' with screw connectors on both ends - the stub will have replacement stubs such that the correct pair (pump/stub) will fit the opening.

I'm hoping to find PVC connectors that screw on - like a hose - rather than turning the ABS pump (which won't work since it needs to be connected to both ends.

My googling didn't pick up any plans or diagrams - which seems really weird since this should be an afternoon project for anyone with a PVC cutter.

Help?

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (2)